“Customer Service Isn't Quite There Yet”
Review of M Cellars

M Cellars
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Geneva
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: For our customers enjoyment we offer a spacious building with a warm cozy atmosphere. When the weather permits we have a two tiered deck and patio overlooking the vineyards. We invite you to taste and enjoy the fruits of our farm wineries labor! Cellar tours are available for the cost of $25.00 per person and include an M Cellars Glass(reservations necessary). Tank and barrel tasting available for an extra $5.00 purchase. Wine by the glass or bottle and light appetizers are offered in the winery. We do have case discounts as well. NO BUSES OR LIMOS ARE PERMITTED. GROUPS OF 8 PEOPLE OR MORE REQUIRE A RESERVATION. TASTINGS AND CARRY OUT SALES ONLY 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO CLOSE. WE APPRECIATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stopped in and wanted to check it out and in the process bought a candle holder made out of a barrel stave. It was too big to take home with us, since we were flying and they offered to ship it. Two weeks later, when we still hadn't received it I called.

Their wine might be terrific, but it takes more than that to build a great brand, especially in today's market. I was told they had been very busy at the vineyard and my purchase had "just been picked up by UPS today." When I suggested that wasn't very good service I was asked if I wanted my money back. First, how could they do a refund if it really had been shipped and second, why even ask that?

So, as I sit here and wait, there's at least one person at M Cellars who needs a lesson in customer service. I've written six books and thousands of posts on this stuff - it takes so little to neutralize an upset customer...and all she had to say was,

"I'm really sorry, we were busy and your order wasn't shipped on time. It's on its way and you should have it by Thursday."

winematt, Owner at M Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Skip
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at M Cellars and the kind words about our wine! When I returned your phone call about the delay of delivery of your candle holder, you demanded an explanation from us. I stated "You are right there is no excuse as to why its been two weeks to ship." Agreeing with you i also explained that we were harvesting our grapes which is partially what lead to the delay and i recall upon you purchasing the candleholder at the winery you stated there was no rush with shipping and to send it when we got a chance. As an attempt to "neutralize an upset customer" I offered a full refund of your purchase knowing that the product was already on its way to you, however you declined. I also was going to offer you the tracking info but I wasn't given the opportunity due to your ending of the conversation abruptly.

Again I apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regards
Tara Meineke

Reviewed September 16, 2013

First time at this winery. Awesome wine. The Pinot Noir was our favorite. Sat on the back deck, which has a beautiful view of there vineyards. A must if visiting.

winematt, Owner at M Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Diana3725
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with other tripadvisor readers! We look forward to seeing you again at the winery!
Matt & Tara

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I went to M Cellars this past weekend for the first time. The place is beautiful on the outside and very nice on the inside. The wines were very good too. My only feeling is that, in an area that is up and coming with wineries, why make a new one that is JUST THE SAME as all the rest. There is a medium sized sitting area inside with a fireplace and a cookie cutter deck and patio area outside. I mean, here is your chance to do something unique and fun, they seemed to have fallen short. The people were very nice and the that did make it an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We're from NE Ohio and visit the Grand River winery area quite often. It's a nice little get away for a fun afternoon or evening with new wineries popping up each year. M Cellars is one of the recently opened wineries that we hadn't visited, so we decided to give it a try on a Sunday afternoon.

The building is brand new. It is located on the north side of South River Road about 1000 feet from South River Winery which is one of our favorites. You can tell a great deal of time was spent designing the building because it accommodates a variety of visitors from those who are tasting the wine, listening to music, sitting by the fireplace (in winter) enjoying a conversation, or those in a larger group. Very good planning to allow each type of visitor to find a space that works for them.

The wine was good and priced pretty consistently with other wines from the area. The young man who was serving us was delightful and knew what he was talking about. We ended up purchasing a bottle of white wine that we didn't finish, but were able to take it home with us because they will recork the bottle for you which is a very nice feature. The day we visited they had a band performing outside, so we sat on the deck overlooking the vineyards. There was a nice crowd in attendance and they also had a local restaurant grilling various foods for purchase.

Overall, nice addition to the area and we'll visit again.

winematt, Owner at M Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

HootieToo
Thanks for taking the time to experience what M Cellars has to offer and writing the nice review!
Matt

Reviewed August 11, 2013

M Cellar is new - less than 3 years old and a very beautiful place. Speaking with some of the local vinters, they all stated the M Cellars have some very good new equipment considering they are a starting winery. We tried several of their wines and liked most of the dry. They use Hungarian Oak for aging and the wine isn't as heavily oaked as the others. Very tasty, beautiful place to go. Recommend.

winematt, Owner at M Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Hello
I just wanted to give you the long overdue thank you for writing the nice review!
Matt