“Surprisingly good”

Mary's Diner
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Diner, American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Great food and service with a 1950's flare! Founded over a decade ago, Mary's Diner is a 1950's themed diner in the heart of Geneva Ohio that prides itself on great food and service. Don't let the neon lights fool you, our fresh ingredients and award winning recipes will speak for themselves. Stop by Mary's Diner for breakfast, lunch, or dinner today and enjoy a home cooked meal in a family friendly atmosphere that everyone will enjoy!
“Surprisingly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Clean and decorated in a 60's motif Sinatra & Marilyn displayed prominently.

Had grilled cheese with bacon..ge had breakfast which was very good and served quickly. Waitress forgot jelly so comped us am order if Texas toast. Was a very nice gesture and was appreciated.

Will f

• Visited November 2013

Ashtabula, Ohio
“Going down hill!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I AM a local, have eaten at Mary's at least once a week since they opened. We always loved it and it was our go to place BUT lately things have been changing. Used to love the swiss steak on Sundays,salad, big piece of swiss steak, mashed or fries and a veggie. Last time we got it the piece was MUCH smaller and we ask where our veggie was (had always been yummy green beans) we were informed that they no longer were included with the meal we had to pay extra. So we ask if the meal was cheaper and were told no it was the same price.....????? My Mom and I went for lunch yesterday (9-10-13) there was hardly anyone in the restaurant we ordered the chicken bacon ranch wrap with fries for 6.99 it literally took at least 30 minutes to get it which was ridiculous and the fries were limp and burnt at the same time. NOT HAPPY as of late with them. On a good note the breakfast is always good and if you can get there during the week it's a good deal, weekends are fairly expensive but it doesn't stop us. So take your chances.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank sabrinajo
Columbus, Ohio
“I REALLY wanted to Like this place...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I read the reviews and they seemed mixed. But I was intriged about the fact it was local and an old style diner. That was about where it ended. The bacon was so salty that my son could not eat and HE LOVES bacon. I got French Toast and it did not seem cooked all the way. My son got a waffle. The waitress stated she made him redo it because it was not a whole waffle. Well I guess the cook decided to just make the other half, as the 2 were together. I guess I should have taken a picture as I have never seen anything like this EVER.

On a good note the waitress took of the waffle off the bill (without even asking). I think she was really trying but the cook should just go back to whatever he was doing before he was a cook.

Given the reviews... it is apperently hit and miss. I will have to miss it from now on.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank DavidB12
South Lake Tahoe, California
“fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

the AUCE fish was great they fill you up I couldnt even order another plate there was so much food, I will come back

Visited June 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Neat little place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This place has good food. It has the classic diner atmosphere and the service is friendly and prompt. Locals love it. I struggled between a 3 or 4 rating just bc the place looks like it is in desperate need of a good scrubbin. By no means is it a dive-but dont be surprised if its a little sticky in spots.

• Visited September 2012