“Good, authentic food”

Luisa's Mexican Grill
Ranked #17 of 49 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We checked the reviews before we stopped in - they were great. Folks didn't steer us wrong. The food was authentic, portions were generous, and the servers treated us well. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My family used to LOVE this place. The food really was as good as people said. However, Luisa's has really gone downhill lately - I don't know if they're under new management or what, but the food quality's been much poorer. Brown wilted lettuce, cold greasy food. The salsa's still good but expensive. And the service is what really lost my family as customers. It seems like every time we go in these days, they mess up our order in some way. And this is far from "fast" food, so if one person's order is messed up, by the time it gets fixed, everyone else is done with their meal. And the last *3* times I've ordered takeout, they've messed up the order (once) or completely forgot to put it in (twice)! This last time I didn't feel like sitting around for 20+ minutes so I just said forget it and left. They never offer a discount to make up for their errors, and I'm tired of getting the wrong order or no order. Sorry guys, this place used to be the bomb, but you need to get it together!

2  Thank Matt H
Reviewed August 8, 2013

every trip to Geneva it is a must stop. Fresh food, friendly, fast efficient service. Very inexpensive.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Visited for lunch- great food. Huge selection! I love the V.W. bus they have as a grill top inside- adds to the fun atmosphere.

Much more space inside then expected, good service with a busy lunch rush. Love the cheesy chicken dish I ordered. The complimentary chips are homemade- which is neat- and the salsa was delicious.

4  Thank Daisy H
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I love Mexican Food and this place was well worth the drive from the lake. I had the "wet" chimichanga. WOW better than any I have ever had in Mexico, and I have had many. My husband had the fajitas. This place the has the most delicious Mexican food I have ever had. The owner came and talked to us and told us her story, how her husband is from Mexico and he is the chef. If you love Mexican you must vist this restaurant.

2  Thank HotLady45