“Fine dinning in reasonable prices”

Ferrante Winery and Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Zip Code 44041
Reviewed August 9, 2016

Been there with a friend for lunch and for the winery tour. The place itself is very elegant with sitting inside or outside. We were lucky to arrive early and get the best seats in the restaurant. As expected, the lunch menu included Italian dishes, we had the Brie Cheese and Bruscheta for appetizers and pasta as the main course. Everything was served with great elegance and was very tasty. For desert we have the Tiramisu- delicious. The wine was excellent and of course we ended up in buying some. Prices were very affordable. The tour was very short and basically not much to see but the machines as there was no work on that day.
There was an entertainment outside which also added to the great atmosphere.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed August 7, 2016

One of our favorite places to go to every time we come to the North Coast. Delicious food and wine in a beautiful outdoor setting.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 2, 2016

This was our second time visiting Ferrante for a summer excursion with friends. Last year the experience was far better than this time. For starters, the wines seemed to lack body - across the board. We had the "dry" sampler and were not impressed with any of the wines. When checking the pricing on the list provided to us it was a case of us thinking why spend extra cash on wine that doesn't taste all that good, when we can get good wines at the state store for less or at least comparable prices. We then went to be seated indoors to have dinner. Our server, Vern, was either very new and had no knowledge, or was having a bad night, or something.... He was inattentive, had to read the specials from a list (after we watched another server tell the table behind us the specials from memory), and could barely pronounce half of what he was reading. He then took our wine orders and while pouring wine for the couple across the table from us dribbled their white wine in my husband's glass of red wine. After taking our appetizer orders, he delivered them and we found that he had ordered 2 of the wrong item for us. 2 calamari instead of the 2 brie that had been ordered. Upon telling him this, he went back to the kitchen (presumably) to return the calamari and come back with brie. 20 minutes later we had seen about 10 brie plates being taken out and ours still hadn't come out. Finally, about half an hour later when our salads were delivered (misssing the correct dressing on 2 of 8) he came with the brie. Our friends who ordered it said "no thanks" at that point.Onward... as to the meals themselves, none were impressive. Mine and my husband's veal were tough and rubbery, and the dishes were cold by the time they were delivered to us. Not a single other person in our party was impressed with the food. For the prices, I would expect better quality - pricing indicated fine dining - but the food quailty certainly did not. I have to say that I was shocked given all of the other glowing reviews that this place has received. Perhaps we had an "off" night. I'm not sure if I will return, but if I do I certainly will stick to appetizers and skip the expensive entrees.

Reviewed July 29, 2016

Doing a winery tour on our anniversary and had a great experience at Ferrante. It is one of the more commercial wineries in the area so expect it to be a little busier than some of the other places. The service was good, the atmosphere was good, and the the sweet and dessert wines are great. We just had an appetizer here and surprisingly, it was probably the best calamari we have ever had.

Reviewed July 24, 2016

My wife and I have been coming to Ferrante Winery and Ristorante for over twenty years. In the past we would make it a point to have diner there at least three times per year. Lately, it seems that we've been going about once every three weeks. Our diner is always outstanding. We were there this past Saturday for a wonderful diner and a bottle of wine. As has become customary, my wife ordered the veal Vidal (Chef Nina has been wonderful in preparing this special order as it has been off their regular menu selection for a number of years). As always, it was done to perfection. I had the seafood stuffed sole. It was simply outstanding. I would be remiss if I didn't mention our server Katy. Katy has assisted us on a number of occasions. As always she is simply outstanding. She is knowledgeable and extremely pleasant. Ferrante Winery and Risorante is lucky to have someone like Katy on staff. Overall, I would highly recommend Ferrante for a truly unforgettable experience.

1  Thank firsteire