“Ok Hotel”

Quality Inn Gallipolis
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Gallipolis
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stopped for 1 night at the Quality Inn in Gallipolis, OH. The lobby smelt a little dingy. There are no elevators. The room was ok, but the beds were VERY uncomfortable. Breakfast was a buffet and was ok too. Should have been told about additional incidental fee at check-in, and was only told about it when we checked-out and asked. It was refunded, but we should have been told ahead of time. I don't know if we caught them on an off day, but it was nothing like the other reviews.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jswifey

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stopped here while driving back to Washington Dc from Ohio. My cell phone was damaged and needed a place to sleep So I took a chance and checked in. I dragged my luggage up the stairs (no elevator) and opened the door to a nice size and clean room. It was storming outside but inside was nice and warm. The staff was professional and friendly. And since my room came with a free breakfast I tried it out in the morning. It was buffet style but the bacon was good and the service even better. It was a nice to place to stay. Thank you so much Quality Inn.

Room Tip: No suggestions.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Couldn't get into the Hampton. My boss stayed there and said it was OK. If you call a dingy room with mold on the shower ceiling OK, I guess it is. Not doing it again - if I can't get the Hampton, Il just stay in Huntington or Teays Valley. Quality is definitely a misnomer.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike_JB
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here on a night traveling through. Good clean hotel. Easy to access. Rates were good. Rooms are clean. Pet friendly although I would like to see places like LaQuinta with no pet fees. Very nice staff. Best part of stay was there killer breakfast. All hotels should have a breakfast like this that comes with your stay. I am talking a nice hot breakfast buffet that can contend with any restaurant. If I was ever this way again I would most definitely stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aimcat
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Room was very comfortable- From firm mattress to extra soft pillows-and linen not only appeared to be cleaned but smelled it too. Free Buffet Breakfast was as good if not better as any other hotels. All this is a giving, what stood out the most was the friendly staff- very nice people.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Stephen5712554
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Let me first state that when I stayed here a couple years ago, this was a Holiday Inn, not a Quality Inn. Honestly cannot say if I've stayed in a QI property, so I will base my review on when it was a Holiday Inn. So, upon driving into the parking lot, I saw a hotel that had been there a while. Not "old," not "rundown," just "settled in." Walked into the lobby, which looked a little different from the pictures I am seeing, and saw an inviting lobby. Not "OMG gorgeous," but neat, tidy, sparse, and clean. Off to the right was dark stained wood around the doors to the restaurant and bar. Staff was courteous and sincere. So, get checked in, and go to the room. It was like a tale of two properties. The room was clean and neat, but could have used a little updating to get it to speed with the lobby and restaurant area. The restaurant was quiet that night, but the service and food were good. Same with the bar. Think there was just me, my uncle who I was travelling with, the bartender, and one or two other guests in the hotel at the time. Based on my experience, I would recommend it, but as I say, it was a Holiday Inn, not a Quality Inn when I was there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1roadwarrior10
Reviewed November 5, 2013

What a nice place! My husband and I stayed 3 nights recently, and we loved it. Our room was lovely, and the staff was awesome. Sandy at the front desk was especially helpful. I don't know why anyone would give it a bad review. Anything we asked for was provided promptly and with a smile. We were there for an anniversary weekend, and would definitely stay there again. The breakfast was great, the lady working in the restaurant was so nice, even at 6:00 in the morning! Loved everything, no complaints.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deann710
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gallipolis
Hampton Inn Gallipolis
Super 8 Gallipolis PT Pleasant Area
Super 8 Ripley
Super 8 Ripley
#1 of 3 in Ripley

Been to Quality Inn Gallipolis? Share your experiences!