“A great find and exceptional value.”
Review of William Ann Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gallipolis
William Ann Motel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Gallipolis
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Found out about this motel through Tripadvisor's great reviews. You have to reserve a room by calling them. No online reservations - and even then they reserve your room by name not credit card.
As others have said - very clean and good staff. They had about 5 or 6 staff in the later morning doing yard work and stuff outside for example.
We just needed a stop over place on a long trip. This was great for that. Crazy cheap - 45 bucks for a room with one queen (all we needed). And with taxes and everything it was only like 51 bucks. A price line hotel would have to be 35 bucks to come out to that total with taxes and fees. So an amazing deal!!!
Not a hotel so you won't get breakfast and pools and stuff. Just a really nice motel - and those are hard to come by. Most motels are pretty nasty. So if you need a stop over motel - you simply would be hard pressed to find better, especially at that price.
By the way, nice features of fridge and microwave too.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
16  Thank bcmguy

Reviewed April 4, 2010

My boyfriend works out of town and stays at the william ann motel. I went to visit him and was very impressed with the motel and its staff. The town itself is peacful and friendly. The motel is located in a peaceful atmosphere, it is very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I am planning to visit again. My boyfriend and i just love it there. Thanks for a wonderful, peaceful stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
17  Thank curtsangel2010
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Found this motel on the internet and enjoyed the fact that a room with 3 beds was priced in a reasonable manner as there was 5 in our party who booked two rooms. The rooms were clean and well serviced during our stay, the on-site caretakers were friendly and left you to yourselves to enjoy your stay. Dining was close by within walking distance and the motel is set in a way that you feel secluded from traffic, the rooms contained cable tv with numerous channels and a microwave and a fridge and loved the way the bathroom and adjoining area with a sink was set up. For the price of a room in the 65 dollar range this was a nice find in this area and we will be staying every year during our family reunion as we did this time.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
16  Thank phooeypapa
Reviewed October 8, 2008

I stayed at the William Ann Motel for two nights and I enjoyed my visit. The lobby was very clean and elegant. I received wonderful service from the receptionist. She was very helpful with directions as I was in Gallipolis to conduct research. I received 10% off of my room rate just by showing my AAA member card.
The guestroom was kept in great condition. The blanket, carpet, fixtures, furniture, and a few other amentities seemed to be new. Even my linens were spotless and smelled fresh. The bathroom was really clean as well. I could tell that the housekeepers made it a priority to focus on the cleaniless of the bathroom.
Overall, I had a very pleasant stay here at the William Ann Motel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
16  Thank FrequentTourist75
Reviewed September 19, 2008

This was the first and probably last time that we will ever stay here. It was a campy, older motel that was very clean, with lots of space and decent furnishings. The beds were not very comfortable, and the shower/bathtub was very small, but the sink was in it's own room which was strange but nice. The room also had a closet, which is almost unheard of in the motel world. The parking lot was way too small and we had to park far away both nights we stayed.
I wish that this was all I had to say, but I was very disappointed by the staff/owners of this place. For one, there is no way that you can leave for the day and not have them clean your room for you. I don't like having a maid come in while we are away for the day, especially when you've noticed a few personal belongings moved around! Nothing was stolen, but I wasn't happy at all when we got back from sightseeing and things were different. My partner needed an extra pillow and they gave him an attitude about it. He actually asked earlier in the day and the woman working told him no, that we had enough of them in our room. She made it obvious that 2 men shouldn't share a bed and that we should've stayed in a room with 2 beds. I was very upset with the discrimination that we dealt with at the William Ann. I would rather pay $85 a night at Super 8 than be treated like this for $40. Never again!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank mirage45331
WAMotel, Manager at William Ann Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2008

To Whom It May Concern,

The employees of the William Ann Motel in no way shape or form discriminate against any individual(s) whatsoever. The entire staff is devoted to provide customer satisfaction. We take pride in working here and do our best to make sure our guest rooms remain AAA approved and in the best condition possible. Each time customer service is needed, our management team works quickly on a first come first serve basis to complete its tasks. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this response.

Reviewed January 26, 2008

My wife and I spent the night for a short weekend getaway. We were really glad we chose the William Ann. The office people were very nice and helpful. The place was very clean. For a place to be located right on the main road, you feel very isolated once you turn into the William Ann. The whole place was very cozy and relaxing. Once in our room we found it to be very clean. This is a fairly old motel but it has been nicely renovated. Our room had nice furniture and a comfortable bed. The heat worked wonderfully and we stayed nice and toasty in 20 to 30 degree weather. We also had a very nice refrigerator and microwave in our room. The high speed wireless was faster than most other hotel/motel's we've stayed in. The TV was a little on the small side but worked very well.

To summarize, this is a very nostalgic and cozy motel. It is very similar to what you would expect to find on old Route 66. It is very well maintained and all the fixtures were clean and shiny. It turned out to be the great weekend escape that we were looking for.

20  Thank NomadicNonbelievers
Reviewed March 4, 2006

Gallipolis was a very peaceful town. I honestly believe that I got a great deal at the William Ann Motel. I checked the rates at every decent motel in the area and rather than paying more then sixty bucks for one night, I was able to get my money's worth at the William Ann. The room I was in was fairly big and the high speed internet was faster than it is at most places I've stayed at. Writing a positive review is the least I could do for the caring employees there.

• Stayed: February 2006