“Always a nice place to stay”
Review of William Ann Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gallipolis
William Ann Motel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Gallipolis
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My daughters and I visit the area a few times a year for the last several years, and this has become our regular place to stay. The family owned establishment is clean and the staff is very accomodating.

When making plans to stay, I always incorporate an hour or so to allow the room to become either heated or cooled. We usually just stop by the hotel, drop off our things, turn on the air or heat and then run up to the store or some other quick trip to allow the room temperature to adjust. This isn't usually required with chain hotels, however, I can appreciate the low rate we pay for our larger than normal room and how expensive it can become for the owners to run heaters and air conditioners in vacant rooms.

I had to cancel my most recent trip very last minute due to an extreme emergency, and the cancellation was no problem at all!! It was so refreshing to treated so nicely even though I knew we were costing them business.

We are headed back to the area very soon, and I am looking forward to staying once again. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in the Gallia County area.

Room Tip: This hotel does offer a couple rooms with 3 queen size beds. The are all in the same room, kinda li...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank msm345
WAMotel, Manager at William Ann Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Msm345,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the William Ann Motel. We really appreciate your feedback. We are glad to hear that your visits have been pleasant. Thanks, again!

Management

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at the William Ann during a recent trip to the Gallipolis/Point Pleasant area. I booked the hotel because I haven't been very impressed with the value you get at the chain hotels in the area. I was satisfied with the William Ann. I felt the very was good and it had a good location in downtown Gallipolis. The room was clean. While the motel has the charm of motels from years ago it is not run down or in disrepair. The owners have kept it up well. You might not get the perks of the chain hotels, but you won't pay the price of them either. My rating is based upon the value and cleanliness.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank WalterS
WAMotel, Manager at William Ann Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your review! We're glad that you were content during your stay at the William Ann Motel. We hope you have a nice day.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Tops in convenience, comfort of the beds, room layout, professionalism and friendliness of the manager(s). I come up from NC and spend time almost every season in Southeast Ohio, and my first stop is the William Ann Gallipolis. A great location close to beautiful downtown French city and all its offerings, very close to good food for a good price at Shake Shoppe and Zanzi's Pizza, the best in the Tri-State for the money! Garry and Gita ALWAYS take personal pains to fix and problem I've ever had (and all are minor) within a few minutes. They make the extra effort to accommodate their guests, not as others do the other way around, expecting guests to let them clean when they want! So great to come back from a busy day touring or walking along the beautiful Ohio River and unlock the door to a sparkling clean, well kept room! Thanks!!!

Room Tip: Some discounts available for multiple-night stays; also highly affordable weekly rate. This motel a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank NCtravelinman55
WAMotel, Manager at William Ann Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate your kind words! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay at the William Ann Motel.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times, including spending nearly two weeks here while starting to build a house in the area. I have also had friends stay here while coming to my property to hunt or visit over the past 10 years, it is your typical older "motel", with dated styling and amenities. For the money though you can't go wrong. Like many motels these days it is "Indian" owned. It is the only place I know that you can still call and make a reservation and they don't even ask you for a credit card to hold the reservation. If you are looking for a roof over your head, hot shower and a bed to sleep in, this is your motel!

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank JCFOhio
WAMotel, Manager at William Ann Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of the William Ann Motel. We really appreciate your loyalty and feedback!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

At the William Ann motel I get a good nights sleep. My room was quiet and clean with a comfortable bed. There was a flat screen tv, small fridge and microwave. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and motels in my lifetime from five star to the budget stay. For a motel at an affordable price you will be hard pressed to find a better place to rest for the night. I recommend the William Ann to anyone that needs a nice place without the high price.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
16  Thank Jim F
WAMotel, Manager at William Ann Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Jim,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are glad that you have been enjoying your stays at the William Ann Motel. We enjoy building friendships with our guests. Thank you for continuing to stay with us.

Management

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I make a trip from North Carolina to Dayton Ohio several times a year and have stayed here two times in different rooms. I found William Ann Motel after getting this app. I'm very happy I did, you will not find a better place to stay for the price. The rooms are clean, quiet and have every thing you need for a comfortable stay. Flat sceen TV, small refrigerator, microwave and a table. The bed was clean and comfortable, I found no begs of any type in my rooms. Yes the bathroom had pink tile but that does not bother me. I like the retro look, reminds me of the motels I stayed in on family vacations when I was a kid. The good couple that operate this place keep up the property better then many newer motels I've been in. If you need a pillow top mattress and free donuts in the lobbie they have that closer to the highway. But if you need a clean, quiet nice place to stay the night that will leave you with money to eat someplace good for breakfast, give this motel a try.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
19  Thank Jim F
WAMotel, Manager at William Ann Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed both of your stays at the William Ann Motel.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been staying at the William Ann Motel for one week out of each month, for the past ten months. There are NO bedbugs whatsoever at this establishment. Please do not let the review below mislead you. I fully check my guestrooms each time I stay. Believe me, I am as picky of a customer as one can get.
I am happy to be provided with AAA approved lodging at a reasonable rate ($45 per night plus tax). You can't beat that!! I mainly enjoy the brand new Samsung flat screen TV that this motel has in each room. The microwaves and refrigerators are a plus. My room is always neat and tidy. My linens have always been wrinkle-free and spotless. The bathroom is always clean. In addition, I always receive friendly and accomodating customer service. I am glad that I am able to receive value for my money at the William Ann Motel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
13  Thank Becky77

Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate your kind words. We're also glad the William Ann Motel proved to be a great value for you. Thank you for your loyalty.