“You Can't Beat Wm Ann in the Ohio River Valley!”
Review of William Ann Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gallipolis
William Ann Motel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Gallipolis
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Tops in convenience, comfort of the beds, room layout, professionalism and friendliness of the manager(s). I come up from NC and spend time almost every season in Southeast Ohio, and my first stop is the William Ann Gallipolis. A great location close to beautiful downtown French city and all its offerings, very close to good food for a good price at Shake Shoppe and Zanzi's Pizza, the best in the Tri-State for the money! Garry and Gita ALWAYS take personal pains to fix and problem I've ever had (and all are minor) within a few minutes. They make the extra effort to accommodate their guests, not as others do the other way around, expecting guests to let them clean when they want! So great to come back from a busy day touring or walking along the beautiful Ohio River and unlock the door to a sparkling clean, well kept room! Thanks!!!

Room Tip: Some discounts available for multiple-night stays; also highly affordable weekly rate. This motel a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank NCtravelinman55
WAMotel, Manager at William Ann Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate your kind words! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay at the William Ann Motel.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times, including spending nearly two weeks here while starting to build a house in the area. I have also had friends stay here while coming to my property to hunt or visit over the past 10 years, it is your typical older "motel", with dated styling and amenities. For the money though you can't go wrong. Like many motels these days it is "Indian" owned. It is the only place I know that you can still call and make a reservation and they don't even ask you for a credit card to hold the reservation. If you are looking for a roof over your head, hot shower and a bed to sleep in, this is your motel!

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank JCFOhio
WAMotel, Manager at William Ann Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of the William Ann Motel. We really appreciate your loyalty and feedback!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

At the William Ann motel I get a good nights sleep. My room was quiet and clean with a comfortable bed. There was a flat screen tv, small fridge and microwave. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and motels in my lifetime from five star to the budget stay. For a motel at an affordable price you will be hard pressed to find a better place to rest for the night. I recommend the William Ann to anyone that needs a nice place without the high price.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
16  Thank Jim F
WAMotel, Manager at William Ann Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Jim,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are glad that you have been enjoying your stays at the William Ann Motel. We enjoy building friendships with our guests. Thank you for continuing to stay with us.

Management

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I make a trip from North Carolina to Dayton Ohio several times a year and have stayed here two times in different rooms. I found William Ann Motel after getting this app. I'm very happy I did, you will not find a better place to stay for the price. The rooms are clean, quiet and have every thing you need for a comfortable stay. Flat sceen TV, small refrigerator, microwave and a table. The bed was clean and comfortable, I found no begs of any type in my rooms. Yes the bathroom had pink tile but that does not bother me. I like the retro look, reminds me of the motels I stayed in on family vacations when I was a kid. The good couple that operate this place keep up the property better then many newer motels I've been in. If you need a pillow top mattress and free donuts in the lobbie they have that closer to the highway. But if you need a clean, quiet nice place to stay the night that will leave you with money to eat someplace good for breakfast, give this motel a try.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
19  Thank Jim F
WAMotel, Manager at William Ann Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed both of your stays at the William Ann Motel.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been staying at the William Ann Motel for one week out of each month, for the past ten months. There are NO bedbugs whatsoever at this establishment. Please do not let the review below mislead you. I fully check my guestrooms each time I stay. Believe me, I am as picky of a customer as one can get.
I am happy to be provided with AAA approved lodging at a reasonable rate ($45 per night plus tax). You can't beat that!! I mainly enjoy the brand new Samsung flat screen TV that this motel has in each room. The microwaves and refrigerators are a plus. My room is always neat and tidy. My linens have always been wrinkle-free and spotless. The bathroom is always clean. In addition, I always receive friendly and accomodating customer service. I am glad that I am able to receive value for my money at the William Ann Motel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
13  Thank Becky77

Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate your kind words. We're also glad the William Ann Motel proved to be a great value for you. Thank you for your loyalty.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The first night was fine friendly people. The second we found bed bugs. We told the owners they did nothing about it and wouldn't refund our money. They said there wasn't any there I have the bites to prove it.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank 824s
WAMotel, Manager at William Ann Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

To Whom It May Concern,

We firmly believe that your comments are quite absurd and unfounded. We have no record of your stay or the aforementioned situation ever occurring. The William Ann Motel does not and has not ever had the existence of bed bugs. Management takes extra precautions to prevent the existence of beg bugs. We have supporting records of various inspections from the Ohio State Fire Marshall and AAA on file. We find your statements to be very disappointing. We are very sorry to read such misleading comments.

Management

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We keep coming back over and over. The William Ann is about half way on a trip made two or three times a year. If you want a night's sleep at a price within a budget, then stay here. If you want to pay for fancy then go elsewhere.

On this trip, we paid $84, $64, and $48, sleeping comfortably at all 3 different locations and isn't the main reason for the room sleep? The 2 higher priced locations were newer and a little fancier and both had indoor pools but the higher priced one's pool was closed (no warning) so what did we gain there? The mid priced one had less included for the "free" breakfast. Frankly, the breakfast included at both wasn't worth the extra $16-$36 so we could definitely do better on our own with the savings at William Ann.

If you need an iron and ironing board, stay at the more expensive places. LOL. On the other hand, only the William Ann had a microwave, fridge, and newer flat screen Tv. In fact,, their Tv was the biggest. Personally, in this day and age, I don't get why you have to wonder if a microwave, fridge, or quality Tv would not come standard in a room which was almost double the price of the W.A. These are basic to me for any stay but were not in either big chain room. (There were very limited hotel options at our destination or I would have paid less.)

I wish the W.A. was at my destination 'cause I would be staying multiple nights and saving $$ every trip. Admittedly, I don't waste much time in any hotel room so I don't like wasting money on them either!

• Stayed: September 2012
21  Thank a1phonerates
WAMotel, Manager at William Ann Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are pleased to hear that the William Ann Motel proved to be a great value for you. Customer satisfaction is our utmost priority. We are glad that you were content. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We hope to see you soon!