“Disgusting...even for a Golden Corral”
Review of Golden Corral

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Corral
Ranked #27 of 38 Restaurants in Gallipolis
Cuisines: American
Marietta, Georgia
“Disgusting...even for a Golden Corral”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have some really good Golden Corrals in and around Atlanta, but this one in Gallipolis has to be one of the worst I've ever come across in my various travels. Now, our hostess was very good and very attentive, but she has no control over the quality of the food, plates, utensils, etc. You know it's bad when the salad tastes like it came from a bag that's been sitting in mothballs for a while. Given we were in town fro the Mothman Festival, maybe it was intentional...I doubt it. There was a bad smell in the restaurant and the food was just horrid. I had to keep rifling through plates to find one that was not chipped nor had dried food on it. Even the water...ick. I kept having the feeling that Erin Brokovich might be coming to this place to check things out. Usually, you can count on a Golden Corral to have something edible, but this one was pretty bad.

• Visited September 2013

Malta, Illinois
“Ugh.”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I know it's not a gourmet place, but I guess I should have adjusted my expectations even lower. It has everything I hate about buffets: cheap, poor quality food, and lots of it. The only thing I really liked was the "pork steak", which was much like a boneless chop, and the yeast rolls. Otherwise, I guess it's an ok salad bar. I will say that several hours after eating there, I was ill, though I had been traveling for a few days, so I cant say for certain it was due to the GC, but I am very suspicious. You're better off too head down the road to the bob evans farm restaurant. MUCH better food at about the same cost.

• Visited May 2013
Ohio
“It's Golden Corral”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We go every Friday and they fix our steaks the way we want them and try to have different foods for every one. It is one of the better Golden Corral's around.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Iceburge-16
Athens, Ohio
“Worth The Trip”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Golden Corral in Gallipolis is worth the trip from Athens. My wife and I eat there several times a year. They have the best pork ribs around the area. Their steak is good too. You can get any item on the food bar and know it is going to be good. I have never seen the place dirty or unkept. The restrooms are always spotless. If I can find anything wrong it is the staff coming to your table too many times wanting to know if you want something, or if everything is OK. I can't say that about many places you eat.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Tom F
“Worst dining experience in years.”
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

The place was grimy. The plates and cups were cheap and battered. The food was rancid, everything was slimey and as low cost as it could be.

Will never return to this chain, no idea how it even exists.

Been to Golden Corral? Share your experiences!