“Good with a few flaws”

Tuscany Cuccini Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Gallipolis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a casual to upscale Italian restaurant specializing in homemade dishes and daily baked desserts! We pride ourselves on quality entrees and customer service.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stopped in upon recommendation of a good friend. I was in-town on business and decided to try someplace new.

It's location is an old Pizza Hut building (they built a new one down the street).

When pulled on the lot, the place was packed to be 12:30pm. I didn't expect them to be so busy. Service was a bit slow but really that bad.

I received my dinner before getting my bread and my entree came out with the wrong meat topping. When the waitress brought it back, she also brought bread and a refill and advised me that my meal was on the house.

As for my meal, once it arrived (the second time), was very good. The pasta was hot, not "greasy" (as you'll find in so many Latino-ran italian restaurant. The sauce was creamy but not sickenly rich. Bread was fresh and the dipping sauce was tasty.

Bad service is thing but when a restaurant goes as far as to giveing you a free meal without having to ask for it or complain, it will stand out in my mind as a place to go for a future visit.

I did not see the pricing on the dinner menu but most lunch items were in the $6-9 range.

I still rated 4/5 because while the service was hit-or-miss, the food made up for it.

2  Thank Reviewer45638

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Took awhile to be seated, place was not busy at all. Food was decent, not great. Waitress took forever to come to our table, again, not busy. We were never asked for if we wanted refills on our drinks, walked by dropped the check and never returned.

Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

This place was recommwnded by the hotel I.was staying at. I sont blame the hotel for the choices that exist near them. The food was well below average, bland and dull. We had a variety of items from the menu amd found nothing worth eating all of, even the dessert. Slight mixup in the order for one item, but it was loud at the time of order. Service staff was friendly amd quick.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

We made reservations for a group of 8. Upon arriving on time at Tuscany, we found no table available. We were told another group, without reservations, had come in 45 minutes sooner and they were still seated. Since we were all on our lunch break, we had even ordered our food in advance so the wait would be shortened. After 45 additional minutes, we offered to the staff we would accept 2 booths across from each other.

This was a very disappointing experience for all involved and will certainly re-think our choice in the future.

The food was just OK. I had chicken parmigiana and it was overcooked and dried around the edges.

Good luck if you choose to eat here on a limited time frame.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Been twice and both times it wasn't worth even walking in for. Service was okay but everything else was below average.