“Great place to stay!”

Hampton Inn Gallipolis
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Gallipolis
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I'm an HHonors member. I loved arriving and just give my name and they hand me a room key. No additional hassle. The beds and pillows were great. The breakfast was good for a continental breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful when I wanted to hold a suprise party for my grandkids. The pool didn't look very good, it was greenish and the hot tub was broken when we arrived. They did get it fixed before I left so I was able to take advantage of it. Over all I still give it 5 because it was clean and the staff was great!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is an excellent Hampton Inn. It is really clean & quiet with a very helpful staff. Although the breakfast is continental it has several choices. I've stayed at many Hampton Inns and although it is not one of the biggest, I think that it ranks among the best. It's conveniently located off of Rt 35 just North of downtown Gallipolis.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We have no complaints about this hotel. Staff members are always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean. The place has been kept up from year to year--this is our third year staying over night. The breakfast is a little meager but what is offered is at least clean looking. The cheese omelettes don't seem like freshly prepared but remind me of the frozen Schwann's type. They taste fine enough. Overall the breakfast is at least edible and appealing--not a grease and fat buffet like other establishments.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff was great. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. They probably would have gotten a 4 or 5 star review from me if it had not been for the hot tub. I went swimming in their pool and then wanted to soak in the hot tub to warm up. That hot tub was the filthiest I have ever seen. I've used hot tubs in resorts, fitness centers and other hotels...in addition to have owned one myself. I have never seen a hot tub with brown scum on the sides and on top of the "foam" due to (I believe) an overabundance of skin oils and dead skin cells. It was disgusting. I told the staff and they promised to take care of it. I would not count on using the pool or hot tub there unless they change how they maintain it.

Two other things I didn't like...all the lamps in the room were annoying. My husband noticed it too. The shades are tilted at an angle so you end up with the bare light bulb in your line of sight part of the time. HATED THAT! The lamps look nice but are NOT comfortable on the eyes. Also, we could not get the room comfortably warm. Granted it was very cold outside. But we are used to a house which we keep at 67-68 degrees in the daytime and 65 degrees at night. We turned the thermostat up as far as it would go and still had to huddle up in blankets to be comfortable while watching TV that evening.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I travel through the Gallipolis area at least once a year and have stayed at this Hampton Inn on a previous occasion. Once again, this hotel met my expectations. While the hotel is starting to show some age (not sure how old the property is), it is still by far the best hotel in the area.

Customer service was great again on this visit. Check-in was very smooth and the front desk folks are always able to answer my questions or address any concerns I have.

About the rooms: I believe they are a little larger than some Hamptons. My room had a microwave and mini-fridge in the room. Also had a desk that was large enough for my computer and the paperwork I needed to complete/finish. Bed was very comfortable; bedding was updated and clean. I would recommend this location as a great night's rest. Bathroom is good size as well. Tile flooring, walk-in shower with sliding doors. Water pressure was adequate. This Hampton had the basic niceties in the bathroom you expect from a Hampton.

I did eat breakfast in the morning. Area was large enough to handle at least 15-20 people comfortably. Waffles, muffins, bagels and cereals--along with sausage patties and scambled eggs the morning I ate. Eggs were just okay--but nothing to complain about. I think their continental breakfast is well above average for a hotel chain.

They also had some cookies out in the evening if you wanted to grab a quick snack--nice, soft chocolate chip cookies on my visit.

They have guest laundry facilities as well. didn't use any of these, but they had an indoor pool with hot tub and a nice exercise room.

I would safely rate this an above-average property. Compared to surrounding options, this is clearly the leader in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room on top floor. This hotel has 3 floors. You will have a quieter night's sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Milbs_40
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our first disappointment was the strong smell of pool chemicals on the ground floor. We noticed this in particular during check-in but less during breakfast. Our room was a good size, clean and presentable but the heating did not work. We had the front desk staff open the pool earlier for us in the morning so we could have a spa to warm up. The breakfast was good but we had no inclination to linger. We would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashley D, Manager at Hampton Inn Gallipolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay and we apologize for the maintenance problems you encountered. These issues have been addressed but I’m sorry it interrupted your stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We travel a lot for business, and Hampton is our go to motel chain where available. The room was very clean and had good bed. I didn't experience any problems in my king room, however my boss was in the room across from me and her shower door fell off during her shower. She was not injuryed, but really, the door falls off? There were a few issues with the decor, like marred wallpaper, but overall would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tozpa
Ashley D, Manager at Hampton Inn Gallipolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We apologize for the quality of services you received during your recent stay. We have reported the shower door in your boss’ guest suite to our maintenance team. We will resolve the issue with our maintenance team and hope you will consider staying with us at again the next time you return to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gallipolis
Quality Inn Gallipolis
Super 8 Gallipolis PT Pleasant Area
Super 8 Ripley
Super 8 Ripley
#1 of 3 in Ripley

Been to Hampton Inn Gallipolis? Share your experiences!