“Trip to Wilmington NC”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Gallipolis
WEST ALLIS
“Trip to Wilmington NC”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Check in was very smooth & clerk was extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast staff was awesome! The Rommel was comfortable and the location was convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

renea h, General Manager at Super 8 Gallipolis PT Pleasant Area, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I just want to Thank you for staying with us. I hope your next stay with us is just as nice. Have a good day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
HUDDLESTON
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Noise was awful, Door bell rang all night, laundry dry ran to wee hours of the morning. New floor may room up over sound like the people were coming thru. Did not rest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I do apologize for the noise level. We are trying to find a quieter bell sounding at the front door. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity and if you like the new rooms we can move your further away from the front door. We will soon be renovating the second floor, so that would be another option. Again, I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your hotel needs. Thank you for staying with us.
BRANCHLAND
Reviewed October 20, 2012

All Smoking Was On The Upper Floors Which Had No Proper Access For Handicap Smokers And Impossible To Use Luggage Cart

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

renea h, General Manager at Super 8 Gallipolis PT Pleasant Area, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I do apologize for the inconvenience, however the state only allows us so many smoking rooms per hotel and we felt since smoke rises it would be better to just keep them all on the second floor. In the future if you need a smoking room we would be more than happy to help carry your luggage for you to your room. Just let us know upon arrival that you would like assistance. We hope you will give us another opportunity to stay with us.
Thank you for your review.
WAPAKONETA
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My family and I have stayed at this Super 8 a number of times before. Service has allways been very good and the ladies that make the waffels are great. Our last trip was not so good. As soon as we opened the door to our room a strong odor of sea food hit us. I went down to the office and got a can of Lysol spray. Used almost a half a can but we could still smell it when we left the next morning. I did not bother to ask for another room because the Bob Evans festival was going on and I knew you were sold out. Along with the smell this room was in need of some repair. The vanity sink had come loose from the countertop and was only being held in place with the plumbing. All the wall lights were loose and crooked. Carpet near the bed frames had food and other various debris, not easily seen when standing up.
This did seem rather unusual compared to our last visits. I did tell the manager about the fishy smell. Normally I would have not responded but my wife specifically requested to stay here and when we left last Sunday she mentioned staying down the road at the Hampton next time... Our son lives in Gallipolis so we will be visiting often.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

renea h, General Manager at Super 8 Gallipolis PT Pleasant Area, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
I do apologize that your stay was below par. We have been trying very hard to upgrade and fix things that are wrong. I appreciate your honesty and appreciate letting me know there were issues with this room. I try to be aware of everything but sometimes obviously miss things. We have deep cleaned that room and washed walls and carpeting. I do hope you give us another opportunity and stay with us again. Once again thank you for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gallipolis
Quality Inn Gallipolis
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley
Super 8 Ripley
Super 8 Ripley
#1 of 3 in Ripley

Been to Super 8 Gallipolis PT Pleasant Area? Share your experiences!