“Live Music, Nice Brew Selection”

Mudflats Bar and Grill
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American
Description: American bar and grill featuring local rustic cuisine with a twist alongside live musical acts from around the US.
Reviewed November 11, 2018

A few years ago, I would have rated it a four, but the ownership changed and the food quality slid a bit...still not bad, but it was better. They do offer some gems, such as the Elk Burger. In the summer the back deck has the nicest ambiance around...literally in the trees.

Date of visit: September 2018
Mudflats, Manager at Mudflats Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2018

Hello Kevin W, my name is Donald and I had am the Operations Manager here at Mudflats. First let me start of by thanking you for your review. Secondly, apologizing if we did not meet your expectations. I have a few questions about your visit if you have time to respond. On what day was your visit? Do you remember your servers name? What meals did you order. What would you have done differently? I want to make sure that no other customer receives the experience that you had on this occasion. Thank you in advance for taking the time to help.

Reviewed November 9, 2018

I had the Blue Bayou and a Kentucky Mule
2 thumbs up
Husband had a bacon cheeseburger and the beer of the month 3 Ho's
2 thumbs up also
Cute Location and great service.

Date of visit: November 2018
Mudflats, General Manager at Mudflats Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2018

Thank you so much tmt14 for visiting us today and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

We stoped in while house hunting for a bite to eat at lunch. The fod was great! We ordered are fall back burgers and were not disappointed! I would make the trexk just for the food!
The drinks were good too. Reasonably priced, tasty and strong. Two thumbs up

Date of visit: September 2018
Mudflats, Manager at Mudflats Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2018

Thank you Sheelydene we look forward for you next trip to see us again.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

My wife and I went to Galena to view the water birds on the modflats. Because it was raining, we decided just to eat lunch and go home. I will never regret trying the mudflats bar and grill. The atmosphere is cozy and the food and service was excellent. I had "The Soke Stack". Pulled pork and brisket with onion straws and fried pickles on a brioche bun, Ohio cheddar cheese and covered with a Carolina Gold BBQ sauce. It was delicious. The smoke on the meat was some of the best I have had. Our server Shae was very nice and kept our drinks full. They have many Ohio micro brews and live music on the weekends. We will definitely be back and not just for the birds.

Date of visit: September 2018
Mudflats, Manager at Mudflats Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Thank you for the pleasant review Tim K. We appreciate you giving us the chance to making your visit to the Mudflats worth your while. We look forward to seeing you with us soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2018

While driving along the Hoover Ohio Reservoir my wife and I happened to drive through a small town of Galena and stopped for lunch at the Mudflats Bar and Grill. There were many locals there and it was family run with some of the owner's children helping serve and clean. Their food was surprisingly good--I had the pulled port sandwich and my wife had the lobster roll. Bother were very good and filling. The owners were very friendly and had many stories to share. We were pleased with the decision to stop here.

Date of visit: August 2018