“Quaint little diner with good food”
Review of Galena Diner

Galena Diner
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed October 15, 2018

Our party of 13 took up most of the back room on a Sunday morning. Staff did a nice job with the orders, even accommodating a special request for gluten-free toast (brought in by guest). Food was good and atmosphere welcoming. Very little wait-time.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 7, 2018

Had the motorcycles out for a spin and stopped here for brunch. Service was a little slow but the food was fantastic. Omelets, fruit, home fires, all of it was good. Definitely a repeat for us!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018

This place offers a good variety of menu items - something to please everyone. Good home cooking. May be a little pricey for a family. Only eat here if you are not in a hurry. Galena is a small town with a layed back country pace. Very pleasant staff!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 8, 2018

My wife and I were in Galena looking for good eating places local to our soon-to-be local area.
Having seen the diner we decided to have lunch there.
From the outside it looks clean and neat and promising for a good meal.
Inside it's bright, light and airy and as we sat down at the nearest table we were welcomed by Kim who quickly brought menus.
The menu was full and with many options.
My Wife chose a cheeseburger with fries and I chose a tuna melt sandwich with fries and added coleslaw.
The generously sized cheeseburger came with a hearty salad accompaniment
and a good portion of fries.
My Tuna Melt also came with a good portion of fries and the added coleslaw.
How were the meals?
[1] Cheeseburger with salad dressing and fries:
My wife is a self-confessed fussy eater but declared her medium-well-done burger to be as ordered and delicious - she also doesn't like doughy buns but this one (she said) was light and a worthy keeper of the burger!
Her fries were (as mine) - light-well cooked and non-greasy - wonderful!
[2] Tuna Melt with Fries and coleslaw:
The tuna melt was well cooked and again - delicious - well balanced amount of filling
and the fries were as for my wife - great!
The coleslaw was tasty and not either too vinegary or sweet.
The cost:
Our total bill was $28.11 - that included two diet cokes - full glasses and take home holders with lids and straws.

In summary:
A real delight coupled with value for money - we look forward to enjoying breakfast here!!!

Date of visit: May 2018
3  Thank richardoxxuk
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

We always enjoy going to Galena Diner! We went as a family of 5 with two of our family members being younger children. We walked in and were greeted with a smile as always. The kids received coloring books and crayons to keep them occupied as they waited for their food! The food was excellent! Most of us had burgers and they were delicious. My wife wanted grilled cheese and as the waitress brought it to our table she said that it did not look like it should so she left it at the table and said that they would be making another time for us. We eat out a lot and have never had this happen. The waitress went above and beyond by taking pride in what was being served! What a great experience! She even got our children excited when she asked them how their food was and she responded “cool beans” when they said it was great! Our kids said “cool beans” all the way home!! Our food was great and a great value! What topped off our experience is when we were walking out the door someone was yelling my name and I turned around to see who it was and it was the owner, Gail,waving and saying thank you for coming! We will be back for sure!!

Date of visit: April 2018

Been to Galena Diner? Share your experiences!