“Can't I Give this a 6 Star ??????”
Review of Arepazo

Arepazo
Ranked #4 of 103 Restaurants in Gahanna
Cuisines: Colombian, Latin, Peruvian
Description: Brand new opening
Description: Brand new opening
Columbus, OH
“Can't I Give this a 6 Star ??????”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Love., love, love this place. Very small and simple interior but boasting the best Latin food I have ever had. Try the Empanaditas, Chacoles, and patacon. Many other great items to try as well. Simple food that is well prepared. Top it with the spicy cilantro sauce and yum-o. Great tapas menu. You can just savor the mix of flavors that meld together. Add to that great sangria and you have a new and affordable favorite.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Go-OSUBucks

Columbus, Ohio
“South American/Latino food a hard find in Columbus!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant specializing in one of the few cuisines that is awfully hard to come by in Columbus... I went on Saturday night at 7 and had a 45 minute wait which was well worth it.

Start with the tostones -- if you've only had sweet plantain dishes, you may be converted for life... I ordered the Peruvian Lomo Saltado -- sauteed steak strips with onions, tomatoes, potatoes and served with fried plantains, rice, and avocado -- delicious. The Patacon is also excellent -- fried ripe plantain topped with your choice of meats and other toppings. Order extra cilantro sauce -- you'll want to pour it on everything.

The prices are very reasonable, and you get an astounding amount of food -- most dishes are in the $10-$12 range. There are also a small variety of wraps/sandwiches on the menu.

Note, they are not open on Sundays.

• Visited January 2013
Westerville, Ohio
“Patacon,Patacon the Chef's fan!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

One of my top 5 places to eat in the Columbus area. Fantastic food & Beverages. Must tries- Patacon, Ceviche, Mango Mousse Cake. Drinks are a hit also. Really good Sangria and Mango Tea. Portions are money worth and the atmosphere makes you feel like you're down in South America. A great addition to Gahanna!

• Visited October 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“DELICIOUS!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had lunch at the downtown location and wasn't wowed, I actually thought it was pretty mediocre. A friend of mine who is from the Dominican Republic told me I had to check out the Gahanna location.

The restaurant in Gahanna is located in a lovely neighborhood with a beautiful historic church on the opposite corner.

We were promptly seated and had an extremely friendly waitress. We ordered the Picada which has a little bit of everything. We also ordered a side of plantains too.

It did take quite a while for our meal to arrive but it was SO worth the wait.

Every bit of our meal was delicious. We ate plantains, chicarron, chorizo, steak, and yuca. The portion was enormous but we still ate every bite.

I am still dreaming about this meal. We had a fascinating conversation with our waitress about her journey from Venezuela to Central Ohio.

The restaurant is beautifully decorated and the bathroom was spotless.

It was a great meal and we will be back for more!

• Visited October 2012
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Nice people, good food, good value”
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in on a business trip and had dinner at the bar.
Super friendly bar maid, corn cake something or other with chicken was very good and the Mexican draft beer was decent. I like this place and would recommend.

Menu is a combination of Peruvian, Colombian and Venezuelian. You can beat the prices.

Been to Arepazo? Share your experiences!