“Staff Good Nice Suburban Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Gahanna
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Staff Good Nice Suburban Hotel”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have had some issues with some of the Holiday Inn properties in the recent past, awaiting Tripadvisor to post them!!! But this was a good change of pace. The hotel has been recently remodeled and it shows. The room was nice and had plenty of amenities for an extended stay. I was in town for my 25th Class reunion and a family gathering over the 4th of July weekend. So it was nice having the King Suite and the extra space. I was upgraded for being a Platinum without asking which hasn't been the case as of late. Natalie the front desk clerk was very helpful and charming. My sisters and parents were staying at the hotel for a couple of days also. I asked her if since I'm Platinum if I could get them updated also. She was able to get one of my sisters in a bigger room, Unfortunately they didn't have any other 2 bed suites which was fine, because she put the effort in to do it. So it was a nicer start to my weekend. We took advantage of the pool area which was larger than most HI Express hotels I have been to. Also they an agreement with a local gym which was nice. This gym had tanning so I was able to tan for free! Which was a nice perk. Breakfast was the standard fare and there are many restaurants fast food and otherwise within walking distance. They also have an agreement with a place called the Hickory House that gives you 10% off. The ribs where great and the Porter House deal is fantastic. All and all a good hotel and good staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIEXRM, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
First, we want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to our area despite the issues you have had with our sister brands in the past. Also, we want to thank you for taking the time to let us, and others, know how we're doing. We are thrilled that you were happy with the results of our recent renovation. We took great care in creating what we believe will be relaxing, warm, and comfortable rooms for your future stays with us. We really do care that you feel important and well cared for during your stay. We're sorry we couldn't get an upgraded room for your other family members this time, but are glad we could help in other ways. If we can do anything for you in the future, please don't hesitate to call on us. We hope you and your family will visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rocky River, Ohio
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Your standard HIE, but in the process of updating and remodeling. Rooms seem to be somewhat smaller than expected, but clean and quiet for my time there. Breakfast area near indoor pool also somewhat cramped. Was not recognized, nor upgraded, as a significant Priority Club member-oh well. Area fine, parking -no issues, restaurants and stores nearby, hassle free time. My wife complained about lighting in bathroom, but nothing unusual there. So I can recommend, but remember that ongoing construction both in and on the property may pose an issue for some. Should be completed later this summer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stay here every time I travel to Columbus on business trips. I have stayed here a dozen times. I highly recommend to anyone. It's close to everything. There is a nice bar and grille in walking distance, restraunts Hickory House great food and service, fast food restraunts, and krogers near by. Great overal...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IL
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stay exclusively at priorty club locations if possible and have stayed at over 60 locations in the past year. This was my worst experience by far. Most locations have excellent beds that afford a good nights rest.

Supposedly this room had recently been rennovated. The bed was sub-standard for this chain (I think most cheap hotel chains are more comfortable than this bed) and the sheets would not stay on mattress.

I stayed 2 nights and woke up with backache both nights and was completely wore out rather than refreshed.

I complained to the clerk upon checkout and he took down notes but no follow up from management.

I will not stay at this location again and would reccomend caution as you can do just as good at a cheap hotel in this case (if not better).

I welcome management to comment and upgrade their beds to the normal Holiday Inn Express standard and give me a free stay to re-evaluate before I'll be back to this location.

Room Tip: Don't stay here until they upgrade their beds
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Budget_Hotel_Family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Budget_Hotel_Family,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our beds. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
St. Louis, MO, USA
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I booked the room using Priority Club points. My flight was late into Columbus airport and I arrived about midnight. I called the hotel and the desk clerk said the shuttle had stopped running, but he would send a taxi to get me. There's a "prearranged" taxi spot with a pedestal sign there. But, the way they have this area set up at the airport, this "prearranged" spot comes after the main taxi line and pickup spot. The clerk said he was sending an orange/white taxi for me. I waited for about 15 minutes and no taxi. But I noticed there was an orange/white taxi that stopped at the regular taxi stop and took passengers there. As time passed, I watched taxi after taxi stop at the regular stop. I called the desk again and he said he would contact the taxi company and make it clear that I was at the "prearranged" spot. But, no taxi ever came to that spot. They all stopped where the line of passengers was. So, finally the clerk said for me to get in the line and take one of the regular taxis and he would pay the driver. So, unfortunately, I had to get at the back of the long taxi wait line (surprising at 1am) and finally was delivered to the hotel. And, as promised, the clerk came out and paid the driver. I was impressed that the clerk was willing to go outside the box and satisfy a customer. The hotel was very clean, the room was clean and warm, the breakfast was hot. But, beware the "prearranged" taxi setup at Columbus airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TravellerfromMO
Maryland USA
Reviewed October 10, 2012

First time stay. Read positive reviews on Tripadvisor. Convenient, quiet location. Plenty of parking. Was greeted warmly by the helpful front desk staff. I was upgraded to a suite! Elevators fast, had a pool and workout room but did not utilize. Did use business office, printer dated but worked! Elevators worked fast. Breakfast lobby was roomy. I noticed displayed in the lobby an informative board with room material samples such as carpet, blinds and photos of all the new room furniture. The hotel is upgrading the rooms, not sure when the date is as my room had 30 year old furniture. I feel I have to rate this hotel with the old furniture. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was fine. The room furniture, carpet, wallcoverings, window and lack of useful electrical outlets rate this a poor property. Suggest you call first if you want an up to date room. I will the next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear panther61,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We are happy to hear that our staff was helpful. It's good to know also that you found our location convenient. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. I apologize you were not satisfied with the room condition and furniture. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Edward C.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ft. Lauderdale
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It was quiet and I couldn't hear any noise from next door, above me or in the halls. The front desk was very nice and accomodating. I would recommend this hotel. The only thing missing was a room safe. Would stay here again when I am back in Columbus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gahanna
Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport
Hampton Inn Columbus Airport
Hampton Inn Columbus Airport
#21 of 143 in Columbus
SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Airport
TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!