“Poor. Old rooms with old furniture, however, they are getting an update.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Gahanna
Reviewed October 10, 2012

First time stay. Read positive reviews on Tripadvisor. Convenient, quiet location. Plenty of parking. Was greeted warmly by the helpful front desk staff. I was upgraded to a suite! Elevators fast, had a pool and workout room but did not utilize. Did use business office, printer dated but worked! Elevators worked fast. Breakfast lobby was roomy. I noticed displayed in the lobby an informative board with room material samples such as carpet, blinds and photos of all the new room furniture. The hotel is upgrading the rooms, not sure when the date is as my room had 30 year old furniture. I feel I have to rate this hotel with the old furniture. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was fine. The room furniture, carpet, wallcoverings, window and lack of useful electrical outlets rate this a poor property. Suggest you call first if you want an up to date room. I will the next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear panther61,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We are happy to hear that our staff was helpful. It's good to know also that you found our location convenient. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. I apologize you were not satisfied with the room condition and furniture. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Edward C.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It was quiet and I couldn't hear any noise from next door, above me or in the halls. The front desk was very nice and accomodating. I would recommend this hotel. The only thing missing was a room safe. Would stay here again when I am back in Columbus.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express hotels and they rarely disappoint. Most are newer or updated and this one will need a facelift sooner than later. This is not a slam for the service was good and room was clean. No thrills and the location was near our destination. Breakfast and pool essential for families.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We chose hotel because we had kids and when we went in all we looked at was pool area and water was real warm. So we got a room here. We were surprised at the rate maybe cuz near airport but we never paid that much for a room around Columbus for swimming. So we were shocked to walk in our room and smelled a strong bug spray odor and a very small room. I was uncomf all night worried bout why the bug spray smell since I freak about bed bugs. Never saw anything tho. But not happy about keeping kids in strong odor. But hotel was booked and last room. Will not stay here again. There's nicer places for cheaper.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I will add to the title that I wish Trip Advisor either gave the option for half stars or it automatically calculated it based on the individual ratings of each aspect of the place of business. I would give this more a 3.5 stars than 3. Slightly better than average mainly due to it being clean, free breakfast, and the location. The rooms are nice and clean, nothing outstanding, as it is just another hotel. Only issue is with the bed; which is a matter of preference. We are used to sleeping on a cloud-like bed, this is more like a concrete-like bed. Can't please everyone in this aspect, but the bed is pretty hard. We had stayed at the Marival several years ago in Puerto Vallarta and this bed was equally as hard as that one. As far as cost, it was ok, mainly due to having breakfast included. If it were not included in the price it would be overpriced IMO.

I have found that most all of the hotels in the Columbus area (at least the main outlying suburbs) are fairly similar with location being the main differentiating factor. So if you are staying on the east side then this hotel is great. Otherwise you have a choice anywhere around 270 to pick from.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear jhackathorne,

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad you liked the cleanliness of our hotel as well as the free breakfast and our location. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you were not fully satisfied with the bed in your room. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I have never had a problem with The Holiday Inn Expresses, granted some may be more dated than others, but they are always clean, comfortable, free breakfasts, and usually ideally located where we need to go. This particular one was for my daughter who goes to Ohio University and myself from Cleveland, Ohio, to do a 'Mom and daughter weekend' enjoying everything Columbus has to offer. We both met at the hotel, and we started our weekend with shopping, dinner and a movie in Gahanna on Friday, Easton Town Center shopping on Saturday and Polaris Fashion Place shopping on Sunday. Needless to say, we 'Did' Columbus and after and exhausting weekend, decided that the Holiday Inn Express was ideally located for our needs. The service was great and it was a very nice weekend.

Room Tip: The bottom rooms facing the parking lot may be a little more noisier. We heard the people and cars f...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My stay was a four day visit with family and it was wonderful to have a quiet, restful place to retire to when things got hectic. The room was spacious and well accommodated for all my needs. There is a business center with computer and printer to access airline information and printing boarding pass. The wireless connection for rooms was fast and easy to access.

They have a shuttle from the airport that was nice as I was able to follow them from the airport where I had rented a car and went straight to the hotel. I could have easily gotten away with taking that instead of renting a car as most of my driving was with family anyway.

Staff was helpful and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gahanna
Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport
Hampton Inn Columbus Airport
Hampton Inn Columbus Airport
#21 of 143 in Columbus
SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Airport
TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!