“great extended stay facility”

Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Gahanna
Reviewed November 4, 2010

hospitable staff, luggage carts, free laundry washing/drying machines, elevator, outdoor patio with grill and mini-store available; close to main roads and freeway

disadvantages: store items come at a premium, because it's an extended stay hotel dirty sheets will have to be exchanged at the front desk--no room service available, no attached diner, one elevator but off to one end--not in the middle of the building, no unloading area designated by entrance and front parking spots go fast

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed November 2, 2010

This stay at the Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport went much more smoothly than the last. The suite was well appointed - the kitchen section had all the necessary cookware and the usual appliances. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was well maintained.

The visit before this two years prior, I had some minor staff problems. This visit there were none.

Excellent price, excellent stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2010

After comparing nearby hotels with suites that had rates of $94-209 per night, I booked Candlewood for $57.00 per night for my nine night stay. I wasn't expecting much because of the price and was pleasantly suprised when I walked into the room. The kitchen has with 5 cupboards and 5 drawers, all filled with cooking utensils, dishes, pots and pans, etc. and full-sized GE appliances: Fridge, Microwave, Dishwasher, even a garbage disposal, two burner stove top and coffeemaker. For close grocery shopping there is a Kroger MarketPlace three right turns away in a strip mall across from Bob Evans.

The kitchen has new wood flooring and the living space has new carpet and drapes. The bathroom has the original tile floor but a new tub/shower with a curved shower rod and new countertop. The entire suite was the cleanest of any hotel in wich I have ever stayed. Even the inside of the drawers were clean and there were no stray hairs, cobwebs or dust on anything...very rare for a hotel room, so kudos to their cleaning crew.

The bed was only queen size which was perfect for one person. It had a new mattress and one of those mattress pads with the extra soft cushiontop on it. Very comfy!

I did see a lot of people with dogs, but didn't see or smell any dog urine or poo around the premises. The elevator was heavily deodorized. I did hear dogs barking from inside the rooms on the ground floor while walking along the sidewalk from the parking lot, but I didn't hear any noise from inside my room. I was on the third floor so I don't know if they have separate floors for pets and smokers.

From my window I could see the planes flying low heading in to land at the airport, but the noise wasn't distracting as the windows are well insulated and I had the fan running constantly for the temperature control.

The hotel is actually not very large compared to the others in the area, but it had a large parking lot which was well-lit. It is neighbored by townhouses, apartment complexes and businesses.

Sadly, there is no wireless internet connection but there is free internet connection in the rooms. There is a card on the bulletin board next to the desk in the suite with a number to call for technical support if needed.

One big downfall is that there is only one small entry door into the hotel and it doesn't open automatically nor is there a doorman. It is a pain to get belongings in and out if you are by yourself. Also, the only way I could access the CBS channel on the tv was to turn on the VCR/DVD player and switch to the channel on it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Up2lateagn
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I travel often and typically stay at Holiday Inn’s. I saw the Candlewood Suites in Columbus on IHG’s website and thought I would give it a shot. The price was right and was close to where I was working. The hotel didn’t offer a breakfast but they did offer small items for purchase in there market area. What really made my stay great was the management had a cookout for the guests one evening. It was great to mingle with other guests and the staff. Traveling alone I always find myself eating alone, this was a great touch. I can’t wait to come back to Columbus and stay at the Candlewood Suites!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Loved that I got a room here for $60. Hated that the parking lot reeked of dog poo. Also hated that all common areas smelled like wet dog. Hated actually passing people in the halls with their dogs. Loved that the bed was comfy and clean. Loved that it was a in a nice, safe business park-like location. Felt very safe.

Oh - and no wi-fi - just high speed via ethernet cable. What year is this again?

If you don't mind pet smells, this is a good choice for you. But not for me.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2010

My stay at this hotel was very pleasant...the hotel was super clean and the staff was very friendly. A girl named Becca was working the front desk when I checked in, she was very polite and helpful when I asked her for some local information. I will definitely stay at the Candlewood Suites again on my next trip to Columbus.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This was my first time staying in a Candlewood Suites and I loved it. Large room at a good rate. The room was clean and seemed to be newly updated. The front Desk staff was helpful in getting me around the area. I travel to Columbus on a monthly basis and plan to return to this Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gahanna
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport
Best Western Port Columbus
Best Western Port Columbus
#31 of 145 in Columbus
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East
SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna
TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna

Been to Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!