“Okay, better options in area”

Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gahanna
Columbia, Maryland
“Okay, better options in area”
Reviewed September 7, 2008

Very reasonably priced, but very much in need of a facelift. Beds, furniture and fixtures were very worn. Electrical wires on a couple of outlets were showing.

Staff wasn't very attentive to our concerns. Only stayed one night and it worked but next time will look at other options.

• Liked — Kitchenette
  • Disliked — Service and quality of accomodations
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ohio
Reviewed May 22, 2008

The hotel room itself was great. The bed was comfortable and there was a lovely bathroom. I slept well in the very clean room.

However, there were two problems. First, a problem with the front desk. It closes between 11pm and 7am. I had to leave at 6am to catch my plane. The front desk worker said that my receipt would be left at the front desk in a holder next to the locked box in which to place my key.

The next morning, there were several envelopes waiting in the holder with the FULL tenant name. Mine was not there, but I feel using the full name was a security risk. I did drop off my key but I couldn't wait for the attendant in order to get my receipt.

The second issue is a parking lot and drive way that is full of pot holes. Right in front of the check in area outside were cones and yellow tape around a very deep pot hole. I had to park a bit away and drag my luggage toward the hotel because I couldn't get my car any closer.

I would only stay here again if I were checking out after the front desk was opened.

• Liked — Closeness to airport and price
  • Disliked — Front desk hours
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank OhioEeyorefan
Rocky River, Ohio
Reviewed December 27, 2007

Got a very good rate to stay one night in late November. Very quiet suburban location, in a seemingly safe area. Beds were outstanding- I believe they had recently been upgraded. Several upscale and fast food
restaurants within half mile of the hotel. Common areas were clean and
well cared for. We did have a problem with the heating unit in our initial room, and within five minutes we were moved to a new room where everything was fine. I will say that the rooms themselves could use a little updating, but really, everything was acceptable. All in all, a positive experience-quiet, clean, and responsive associates.

• Liked — location, price, very quiet
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RML-OH
Colorado
Reviewed January 3, 2006

I stayed in hotels about 20 nights in 2005 and this is the only time I've felt compelled to post a negative review. Front desk staff was not unprofessional but not friendly either. The room was not clean - hair all over the bathroom!! The internet was not hooked up correctly and I spent 1/2 hour on the phone with tech support getting the cables properly connected. The toilet ran all night and the kitchen sink leaked. To add insult to injury, they did not even give me priority club points for a room booked on Candlewood's own website. I have stayed at four different Candlewood Suites this year and will not be back to this one.

Stayed December 2005
4 Thank ColoradoTraveller79
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 2, 2003

This hotel was the BEST one I've ever been in. It had free phone calls, EVERYTHING was nice and clean!! There was a room to get pop and snacks and it was on the honor system (that you'd pay before you left)!! The rooms had a small kitchenette complete w/ plates etc...The staff were ALL pleasant and helpful. You've got to stay there if your in that area. I was impressed!!!!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gahanna
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport
SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport
Hampton Inn Columbus Airport
Hampton Inn Columbus Airport
#26 of 143 in Columbus
Comfort Suites East Broad at 270
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Airport

Been to Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!