“Amazing experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed August 20, 2009

First night in town, my car broke down and had to be towed. After being treated better than family by the tow truck driver, we were delivered to the Hampton. The room was pristine. The beds and pillows are so comfy I'm sad I don't have them at home! The following day, we discovered our car wouldn't be available that day. After chatting briefly with the woman at the desk, she got on the phone, found me a rental, and then had a member of the staff drive us to the rental place so we wouldn't have to wait for a taxi and risk being late picking up our rental car! Where do you find service like this?? The Hampton in Fremont. I can't wait to go back and will never pay the higher prices of port clinton or marblehead again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank sweet_t_74

Reviewed July 26, 2009

My family - me, my husband, 2 sons - ages 10 & 8, stayed here for one night after being at Cedar Pt. all day. It's about a 35 minute drive from the park, but I think it's worth it to avoid the yucky hotels on 250 in Sandusky.

Every employee was friendly, the breakfast area was nice and clean, and my kids enjoyed the pool before we checked out. Check out wasn't until 12 noon, which was nice too.

The rooms were nice and comfortable and big. My only complaint at all was the the shower could have been a little bit cleaner - a couple of spots of mold in it. Otherwise, everything was very clean.

We will definitely look into staying here for the entire time spent at Cedar Point the next trip.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2009

Our doors didnt lock, and we were told the building was "settling" and that the locks didn't line up. I had over $300 worth of belongings stolen from me, and over a month later, I am still trying to get a hold of the owner, because the receptionist, assistant manager and several housekeepers are no longer employed there, and the manager is on a leave of absence. This is the most frustrating experience I've ever had.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2008

Booked this hotel for a trip to Cedar Point. The hotel was new, nice, clean and the staff was extremely friendly. I am very particular about the hotels I stay in....I would recommend this hotel in a heart beat. Breakfast in the am was wonderful too. Keep up the great service.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2008

Booked with this hotel because it was the 'nicest' hotel in Fremont, and I had to be there on business - wish I had stayed at the Comfort Inn instead!

The room was clean and neat, but the front desk clerk erased(!) my boss's payment information at check in. He didn't tell me, took my personal credit card for 'incidentals', and then they charged my personal card for the stay. When I brought it to their attention, they were rude and unapologetic, despite it having been their mistake. When I pointed out they only had authorization to use my card for incidentals, they said they didn't care - totally unprofessional.

Hotel advertised wired internet access, and only provided wireless - a big issue for business travellors who can't use wireless due to security concerns. Again, rude and unapologetic when I asked.

If you brave this hotel despite bad management and staff, plan on buying your own breakfast. Juice tasted stale, 'hot' breakfast consisted of vile biscuit/bacon/egg disc, and pastries were dry.

It was clean - that was the only positive.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank SMBBizMaven
Reviewed May 14, 2008

We are in the area several times a year and had been watching the construction eagerly awaiting this Hampton Inn to open. This December was our first chance to stay there, and it was wonderful. The check-in was speedy, and the room was wonderful, just super nice. Not super nice like you'd expect in a big city, but definitely the top of the Hampton Inn brand's hotels. The room was clean, had upgraded linens, a nice new TV, and a handy bench at the end of the bed for putting shoes on and such. There was also a refrigerator. The free breakfast was good, but they didn't have mustard to put on my eggs. I peaked in on the other facilities and they seemed new and in good condition. The free wireless internet worked well.

There is nothing to walk to, so you have to drive if you want to get food.

We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2007

Stayed at the Fremont Hampton Inn and Suites in a two queen bed suite (only $14 more than a standard 2 queen bed room) for one night. Had four adults and a 2 year old in the room.

We were very pleasantly surprised by the size and cleanliness of the room. There was a tremendous amount of space to stretch after a long car ride, especially for the toddler to run around in the room.

While not truly a 'suite' per se as the beds are in the same room as the sitting area with sofas, the whole room is so large that people sleeping in the beds are not disturbed by people watching TV at the sitting area. The TV is a large CRT widescreen TV (hi-def capable, but of course no hi def feed here); it can swivel to be watched from bed or from the sofa area, and had about 70 channels. Wireless internet is complementary and fast.

The bathroom and vanity area was very clean and modern; nothing fancy in the bathroom though nicer than I would expect for this level hotel. There was also a separate cooking area with a microwave, mini refrigerator (no freezer) and sink. Marble (or marble-like?) countertops throughout.

Beds are comfortable, feel new, with great comforters and firm pillows. Heater window unit was a little loud, but after a long car ride, we were all too knocked out to notice once we fell asleep.

The hotel is clearly recently constructed, as everything is very well maintained, modern and clean. The staff was friendly and courteous; our room was missing bar soaps when we checked in, but this was remedied immediately. Plenty of parking, and side-entrances to the hotel (which require your room keycard to enter) are smartly placed where the central elevators are.

Usual amenities for this level hotel, with a small workout room, business center and 24 hr snack shop. Also the complimentary breakfast area was very clean and monitored by a courteous and attentive staff worker.

We have stayed at plenty of four- and five-star hotels that were more than twice the rate you'd find here and for a much smaller room. This was an ideal stopping point for a long car ride from the east coast to the midwest. We'll definitely stay here again in the future for the same trip.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton
Hampton Inn Tiffin
Hampton Inn Tiffin
#1 of 5 in Tiffin

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont? Share your experiences!