“Bathroom with a view!”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
Naperville, Illinois
“Bathroom with a view!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Okay, maybe it doesn't have a good view, but the bathroom has a window that you can open, which is a thumbs up on my list for many reasons! Not only did it have the blinds for privacy but had the cutest valance curtain on top!!! When we called for reservations, Mama took care of us. Just asked what time we'd be arriving. Didn't ask for a cc to hold the room, just a name. Then when we arrived, she gave us 2 keys to let us pick which room we wanted. Also, for a motel it had microwave, huge fridge with a freezer AND a coffee maker!!! And it didn't cost us $300 a night. The room was VERY clean - I didn't feel at all like I had to wear slippers when walking on the carpet. Firm mattresses.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had car problems outside of Fremont on a cross-country road trip and had to get a last minute room very late at night. Mama, the owner of Great Lakes, made what was already a pretty terrible and expensive evening in Fremont into a comfortable and restorative night. She called me Bubu and treated me like a long-lost relative, offering to drive me to get dinner in town and then spending considerable effort and follow-up calls to make sure I was settled into my room and found everything alright. She made clear that she was around 24/7, was flexible on checkout times as I was waiting on a mechanic, and just generally couldn't have been more hospitable. So the owner's great. The room itself was huge, the shower was hot, and the room did not want for a single amenity/appliances. And all for like 60 bucks!

tl;dr
hospitable and flexible owner, clean and spacious rooms, fully stocked

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Tristan M
Fremont, Ohio
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Been here a few weeks and just recently the owner entered our room while we were away. Didnt bother to call and make sure she could enter or anything. Constantly calling our room phone at all hours of the day. Entering our room atfter midnight waking us up. Its absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms have cobwebs and are dirty
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 107unknown

Travelers are raving about these Fremont hotels

Waterville, New York, United States
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed here one night recently in room 115. It was at the end of the row of rooms. Each room has a little carport next to it. We parked with just the nose of the car in because it's so narrow, if you pulled all the way in, I don't think you could open your door. Still it was a nice buffer zone since there's not another room adjoining it. We reserved a queen size bed and the owner offered to upgrade us to a king for $5. When we declined, she upgraded us at no charge. The best part of the room was the comfy bed, pillows, & linens. This was our first night of a week-long trip on the road and by far the most comfortable bed we slept in all week. The room was clean overall with just a few stray cobwebs here and there. The towels could stand to be upgraded... reminded me of locker room towels, but they were clean and fresh. The flat screen tv was very nice. There's a light just outside the door, so if you are checking in after dark, don't leave the door open more than necessary or you may have some little buggy friends join you. There is no breakfast available there, so if you read otherwise, it is incorrect. It's not really the type of place you'd expect to get a free breakfast, just by the way it's laid out. The owner was very friendly and even called our room after we got in to make sure we were satisfied with the arrangements. It's an economical, comfortable place to stay. PS The hot water is on the opposite side in the shower, so play with it til you get the right temperature!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed here overnight as I had my certification dives at the White Star Quarry. I must say, the rooms were well maintained and had all the facilities, any decent hotel would have. The people were very hospitable and friendly. Car parking was right next to my room, hence it was very convenient to take things in and out of my car. Overall a very good experience and I would recommend this motel for all those travelers who are looking for a clean and inexpensive accommodation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Endicott, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Me and my family stayed at Great Lakes august 13-16 room 121 and 115 i really enjoyed my stay here the rooms are very comfortable and clean, outside property was very well maintained the owners mama and her husband are very nice good people motel is close to restaurants and stores 38-48 minutes away from Ceder point I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank crystal p
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stopped here on a trip with my wife after traveling late at night on I-80 from Chicago to Massachusetts to drop off our son at college. I called ahead around midnight for a 2am arrival, and a room was available. The motel was around 4 miles off the highway, but the extra distance was well worth it. The room was simple but was clean and had all the necessities. The large bed (not sure but I think it was king sized) was extremely comfortable. We slept soundly. The room had a flat screen TV. The people in the office were very nice to deal with. Seems like this could also be a cost effective alternative for people vacationing in Sandusky. I recommend the motel and would stop there again.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Wheatondad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 17 in Port Clinton
Red Roof Inn Clyde
Red Roof Inn Clyde
#1 of 2 in Clyde

Been to Great Lakes Motel? Share your experiences!