“sausage to die for”

Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Fremont
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hand Crafted, Unique and Authentic Food. We do Classic BBQ, Gourmet Sandwiches, Brisket Burgers and Catering for any kind of event.
Brighton, Colorado, United States
“sausage to die for”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Paula ordered the pulled-pork sandwich with chips. I had the two meat combo with brisket and sausage, green beans and cole slaw. The brisket was deliciously smokey without any sauce at all, and Paula thought that the sausage was to die for. The sausage is savory, not hot. The cole slaw has a clear dressing over very finely shredded cabbage - very nice.

Visited October 2013

Traverse City, Michigan
“Good BBQ, Sllloooowwww service”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

First, the good news. Jimmy Gs barbecue is quite good. My "Woody Hayes" sandwich--an odd name since it included fried bologna!--was tasty and well-prepared. My wife's bbq'd prime rib sandwich selection was equally well-prepared. If there's a downside, it's the nondescript onion buns they're served on, but the fillings more than compensate. We opted for the nicely greasy--and freshly made--French fries.

But. The food preparating is slow. Here's the deal: you order at a counter, fast-food style, and they take your order. That goes pretty quickly and efficiently--assuming you're prepared to order from the lengthy menu available. Then you wait. We saw lots of people waiting--some who were dining in, other picking up orders. It was probably a good 20 minutes before our name was called. During that time we'd occasionally see counter staff leave the serving area, scamper up a short set of steps well away from the food prep area, come back with a large bowl of heaven-knows-what, then take another order. Woefully inefficient.

But, fortunately the quality of the bbq overcomes that. Sooooo, I would suggest calling in your order ahead of time--well ahead of time--and picking it up to go.

One final thing: the bbq sauces and other condiments are on the table held by former beer six-packs. Odd, since no alcohol is served. If that matters, be aware.

• Visited July 2013
Tiffin, Ohio
“Great local BBQ”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very impressed with Jimmy Gs! Wide selection of sandwiches and dinners. Service was very quick and the portion sizes were extremely generous.

I have been to the restaurant twice, had prime rib both times. It was excellent! Several different BBQ sauces are available, and fresh cut fries!!! Highly recommend to anyone in the area!

“excellent bbq!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This place has some of the best BBQ that I've ever had in the Midwest! They have a bunch of different sauces for you to use on your brisket, chicken, pulled pork, or ribs. mixing and matching is fun! I would definitely recommend the pulled pork sandwich here, especially at lunch time because they feature it as a $5 special. their ribs aren't fall off the bone, but still packed with flavor. their home cut, made from scratch fries are awesome also. So if you are in Fremont, Ohio, head on over to this place if you are a BBQ lover. what sauce combination will you create? I found my favorite ...3 squirts original, 2 squirts sweet, 1 squirt carolina sauces. :-)

• Visited May 2013
“Very good southern BBQ!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I have been to Jimmy Gs a few times since it has opened. We have been impressed every time. I am not a fan of an intense smokey flavor but I have still found many sandwiches and meats that I enjoy. The ribs were too overwhelmingly smokey for myself but my husband and brother both really enjoy them. As for myself I enjoy their beef brisket, chicken sandwiches and their specialty subs/sandwiches are amazing!! The meat is always tender and juicy and the French fries are very good as well. We are excited to have a southern tasting BBQ place right here in Fremont, OH! The prices are a little expensive, but you certainly get plenty of food for your money. You shouldn't leave hungry or desiring more!

• Visited April 2013