“Shiny new, friendly staff, a good night's sleep.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel is brand new and the beds are comfy. Staff are excellent and friendly. My only complaints are what others have said, breakfast was put out early and without a lot of guests, the eggs and cinamon rolls were dried out at 7am.

I didn't have time to use the fitness center or swimming pool, but I noticed that there wasn't a hot tub.

I was upgraded (priority club member on a slow night) to a suite. The room was very spacious but I noticed there weren't any utensils in the mini-kitchen. Just a bunch of empty cupboards.

I'd certainly stay here again if I find myself in the area again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank copperdragon66

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Pros:
Convenient to the tollway
Helpful staff
Decent price

Cons:
Breakfast bar food was stale/old
Suites don't have "normal" amenities like paper towels, eating utensils, or even glass cups
The parking lot wasn't cleared of snow

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Seven_Ws
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Seven_Ws,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service and the location of the hotel. However, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I agree with other reviewers, the hotel still looks and smells like new. The queen bed was awesome, the staff were nice, and the hot breakfast was great. I love the Kohler showerheads that Holiday Inn Express has in their rooms. I didn't get to use the business center, fitness center, or swimming pool. The only real problem was my mom didn't like the smoke detector light blinking constantly during the night near where she was sleeping. I will consider staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Having a room near the stairwell is helpful.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave1289
Reviewed December 31, 2012

.. as the others have said, this hotel is is relatively new. It still has that "new carpet" smell as you walk the hallways, and everything is very clean and new.
We chose to stay here based on the other reviews and it's location between Chicago and Philadelphia. It's also right off the expressway which was very convenient. Right next door is a large gas station/convenience store/Subway which is also a plus.
We booked a two queen suite which was very nice. We loved the contemporary decor of the room, also we were surprised how large it was. The extra room had a fold-out couch with it's own desk and large flat-screen TV. The two queens beds were clean & comfy.
Check-in was extremely quick, soon as I said my last name, they already had the paper work ready and I just had to sign & initial a few things. Done!
The breakfast is typical of a Holiday Inn Express, nothing fantastic but they keep everything well-stocked and our kids loved it. The employees working the breakfast area were very polite & friendly.
The pool area looked nice, but we didn't use it. As others have said I was surprised there was no hot tub, but definitely not a deal-breaker.
We would stay here again when on another road trip to Philadelphia.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KarlChicago_IL
Reviewed October 22, 2012

clean, nice, quiet, handy to I 80. good, hot breakfast. quick check in and check out. nice pool area although we didn't have time to use it. large, lighted parking lot. handy to the Subway shop. we will stay here again if we`re in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank willing292
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here for just one night in late September and overall it was a good to great stay. The hotel is very new, the smell of fresh paint hits you when you walk in your room. The rooms are beautifully decorated, absolutely one of the nicest HI properties I've stayed at (and I have stayed at many), beds while needing more break-in time are very comfortable plus it's very quiet, I got a great nights sleep, good quality bedding and pillows, and wifi is good.

The room was very clean with just one problem that plagues many Holiday Inn properties, the bathroom and shower smelled very strong of mildew. My guess is the problem are the shower curtains which give the impression of being washed and replaced for each new guest, or at least once a week, but in reality are likely not. The other complaint I have is also very common to many HI hotels, low or far less than ideal shower pressure.

The breakfast is your standard free/included breakfasts that for the most part I only use for juice, coffee, milk, tend to bring my own cereal. The hot food aside from the cinnamon rolls I don't get, clearly all pre-cooked eggs, sausage, bacon, etc that is reheated. But that appears to be just me, most guests eat it up in droves. This is a general comment that applies to this hotel and many others. One thing I wish Holiday Inns would do is improve their juice quality, it's pretty watery stuff.

Cleanliness, comfortable beds, updated/new furnishings, good wifi and a good strong hot shower are what make for a great stay in my book. This Holiday Inn is very close to being perfect and with just a little extra help could be.

Room Tip: There isn't much for food nearby, suggest having dinner prior to arriving.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark O
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Agreed, its new and perfectly looking neat and clean. Won't all new hotels have those positives? As most of the reviewers have mentioned, this place is tough to get on your GPS. Just put in the 'Hampton Inn' and look for this one behind it. Took a room to go to 'Cedar Point'. Its a 45 minute drive from here to one of the best Amusement parks in the US. I think the front office person I dealt was relatively new and she was not sure how to deal with things. My card to get into the rooms did not work twice (in two days) and had to go down twice to get it back working. The rooms were good sized, neat and clean bathrooms and nice TV's. Breakfast was also very good (typical to HIE). Definitely overpriced for a small town. Not sure if I will be back here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Prajod I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Comfort Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton
Comfort Inn Sandusky
Comfort Inn Sandusky
#7 of 34 in Sandusky

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont? Share your experiences!