“A+++ Great Place to stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have frequently stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Fremont, Ohio, when I am visiting long-time friends and family still living in the area. My most recent visit there was just a few weeks ago, and I was impressed with the renovation taking place since my previous visit over a year ago. The newly remodeled room that I stayed in was absolutely perfect. The delicious hot breakfast waiting for me in the breakfast room each morning was awesome, and the staff I had interaction with were each and every one very friendly and courteous. Jason Hawkins, the Inn's GM, is very personable and I would say does a great job at running the place. Thank you Jason and your staff; you know I will be back next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. My staff and I are pleased that you enjoyed the accomodations and that you liked the first phase of our renovation. We will be doing the 2nd phase this winter with all new mattress and box springs, bathroom vanities, casegoods, and lighting. I hope that you will stop back and stay with us again and see the progress. I appreciate your business. Thank You.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Recently, while my aunt was dying in hospice care, we stayed for a week at The Comfort Inn & Suites in Fremont, Ohio. The staff were very courteous and respectful of our situation and accommodated all our requests. In addition, we were impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and were amazed to actually see "housekeeping attendants" on hands and knees cleaning bathroom floors. We used the fitness room daily as well as the pool and sauna -- all of which were kept clean and working properly. We were most impressed with the breakfast room and food -- Karen, the breakfast hostess worked diligently to keep the room orderly and well stocked with an excellent assortment of breakfasts foods. Although we only had a regular room -- not a suite, we found our stay most satisfying.

Room Tip: Pricey during summer because of Cedar Point, but an excellent choice if you enjoy comfortable and cl...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. I understand you had to visit us under tough circumstances and I am glad that we were able to at least make your stay enjoyable for you with a clean room and friendly staff. I have shared the review with my staff and they were all very happy that you took the time to commend them. I hope that you will stay with us again and it will be under better circumstances.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Absolutely in the Top 2 Motels/Hotels I have experienced as far as Staff, available amenities, and comfort. This particular Staff put the word comfort in Comfort Inn;
The service impecable, the wi-fi absolutely trouble free, the room was fresh and clean, breakfast simple, with taste.
Management has reason to be thankful at this site, the Staff made the stay first and foremost.
Will definitely stay again, it is worth some travel off of your ultimate destination to spend the night at this particular location.
You won't regret it.
thanks again to all those that work so hard to make the stay !!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This Comfort Inn was pretty average: slightly worn rooms, decent HVAC, very comfy beds. Breakfast was great and breakfast staffer was very kind (tip her!!). However we were quoted a cost of $122 when we asked for a room for 2 adults and 1 small dog. There were two hidden charges on the bill at checkout: $1.70 for the safe and a whopping $25 for the dog. We disputed these undisclosed fees and they rescinded the safe fee but not the pet fee. Unfair practices, don't you think?

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank DrSchmincke
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for leaving a review about your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the beds and also the breakfast. I am sorry that you felt we had "hidden fees". The Safe Fee is explained on the registration card as it is an insurance policy if the safe is broken into and items stolen. It can be removed at check out or check-in at your request as we also have a sign on the desk explaining it. The majority of the hotels in our area do not accept pets. We do accept pets and it is a 25.00 plus tax per pet fee per stay (not nightly). I apologize for the misunderstanding and hope that you will stay with us again if you are in the area.

Jason Hawkins

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The experience was fine for me. The Lobby was clean and appealing, as was the room. The room and bathroom were very clean and inviting. I was comfortable working in my room all evening as I had great Internet connections. The breakfast was fresh and appealing.

A good value, with an inviting hotel.

Room Tip: Book early as it fills fast. Discounts at several local restaurants are offered, making the stay an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind review you left for our hotel. Your feedback is appreciated and my staff and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. If we can ever do anything to make your stay more comfortable please let me know.

Thanks,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice hotel that is within walking distance of a few restaurants. Did not hesitate to upgrade me when I told them I was a Diamond member. Nice indoor pool and exercise room. Good variety of breakfast items.

Room Tip: If possible upgrade to a Jacuzzi room on the third floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for completing your review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the location close to the restaurants was convenient for you. As a valued Choice Privileges member, we always try to upgrade our Platinum and Diamond members and I am glad that we were able to upgrade you. If we can ever do anything to make your stay more comfortable please let me know.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We checked in Aug 16 and was told only a suites were available. Suites cost much more than a regular room that we wanted, but we paid for it. The room was NOT a suite. It was an ADA room and very Spartan. The carpet needed replacing (wrinkled), the room had a very musty smell and there was no chair to sit in for reading. Two lights did not work. We could not use the TV or DVD because the control was missing from the room. We have stayed at Comfort Inns many times before, but this is the worst one ever. On the up-side, the breakfast was good, but that did not balance the poor facilities we received before the large price for a suite. We really feel the room was misrepresented and certainly not a suite. If you have to stay here, check the room first before booking.

Room Tip: Check out the room before committing.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank David D
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about our hotel. I am sorry for the confusion on what our "suites" are. You were in a kitchenette "suite" which is a room with king bed, and then a kitchenette which included a kitchen sink, cupboard space, and a microwave and refrigerator. This is also our largest room. I apologize for the lack of a remote control as all of our televisions are new.

As for the carpeting in the room, the carpet was just put down in February brand new but we will check to see if it needs stretched as again it was just put down in February.

Thank you for your business.

Jason Hawkins, CHA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont
Quality Inn And Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton
Comfort Inn Sandusky
Comfort Inn Sandusky
#7 of 34 in Sandusky

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!