“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
Castlewood, SD
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Had a very peaceful, quiet night at the Comfort Inn in Fremont, Ohio. Breakfast was very good. Eggs and bacon were available along with cereal, oatmeal, waffles to cook yourself, yogurts and fruit. Beverages included juice, coffee, tea and milk. Everything clean and neat. Highly recommended.
The pool and fitness rooms were neat and tidy. I had forgotten my suit so did not get to try the pool out. Parking was very easy and access to and from the Ohio toll road was simple. There were many choices for restaurants in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
NancyW,

Thank you for the kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully on your next visit you will be able to try out our pool. Thanks Again!!

Thanks,

Jason Hawkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
buffalo, ny
Reviewed December 19, 2012

What a wonderful find. We were traveling through, stopping in Fremont for a concert and then on to Evansville, IN. Found this place online. The service was wonderful, the jacuzzi in our room was powerful, and the beds we extremely comfortable. Then if that wasn't enough, the hot breakfast was over the top. I'm not sure if I'll ever be back in Fremont again, but if we are, there is no doubt where we are staying!

Room Tip: Best in room jacuzzi we have ever had. Very relaxing as we watched the widescreen tv. The hot breakf...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hopesoccer,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor and for your great comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return to see us soon.

Cordially,

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I stay here frequently on business and always enjoy getting to stay here. The rooms are very clean, the beds are very comfortable and the staff really goes out of their way to make sure everything is perfect.
There is a lot of restaurants within walking distance as well as a shopping center.

• Stayed December 2012
atwanta, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Myles01 thank your for your great review on our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Jessica Peiffer
Asst. Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed December 4, 2012

i travel for business and frequent this hotel regularly. The cleanliness of the hotel is above any other higher end chains I have recently stayed at. The staff is amazing and have become my second family with their excellence in providing customer service with any normal need you get at any property. Welcome you with a big smile as if they missed you when you were gone. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and the value heavily outweighs the cost as well.

Room Tip: the jacuzzi rooms are worth it, they are very spacious and centralized to amenities, well worth the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kevin c
Thank you for completing a great review about your recent stay at our hotel. Our and staff and I appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon.

Jessica Peiffer
Asst. Manager
Bordentown, New Jersey
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We booked two rooms for a 4 day visit with family over Thanksgiving. The rooms were clean, breakfast was there for those in our party who always wake up hungry, noise from inlaying new carpet ( we were warned before we booked ) was kept to a minimum. The staff answered all questions, brought extra towels and found time for some pleasant conversation at a very busy time of the year. To our delight a wonderfully warm pool and a hot tub, open 24/7, ended several very long, very cold days.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. The carpeting project and renovations should be done by the end of 2012. Thank you for your business.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Saturday night was busy - so maybe a weeknight would be somewhat different - but the noise from the halls, adjoining rooms, and room above was overwhelming. Be warned - normal level conversations can be heard in neighboring rooms. Visitors arriving in room above sounded like they were coming down through the floor. College dorm atmosphere.

On the positive - the room was clean and neat. Over priced for the value.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Chickenman26
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Let me start with the positive:

I did enjoy the breakfast.

The location was awesome (though not ideal for where I had to be each day, being by food and a WALMART was nice).

The girl who checked me in and later helped me with a lightbulb issue I was having was very courteous, friendly, and quick to respond.

The added value of the local restaurant discounts was very nice.

Negatives:

Very dated hallways and dark, non-relaxing rooms with little setup for a business traveler. No desk or charging area. Just a little table in the corner.

Ice maker so loud I don't know how anyone near the elevators could have slept.

Paper thin walls and ceilings. Every toilet flush or door opening upstairs or next door was extremely audible.

Underdressed front desk staff. This is probably petty as the girl was super nice and got the job done, but it set off my stay with an extremely negative first impression. I was put off as I walked up to the entrance as a girl in street clothes was smoking right outside of the door and was on her cell. Upon walking up I smiled at her and hoped upon hopes that my asthma would not fire up from the smoke. Much to my surprise she threw down the cig, rushed inside, went through the employee only door, and then checked me in. Now again, she was extremely nice and very helpful but as someone who travels a great deal, it was disconcerting to have someone checking me in with no real identifying clothing nor name tag and knowing she was visibly smoking out front set the tone for a stay I really didn't enjoy. I'm realistic. But even polo shirts and pants or something that say choice hotels would have been nice. Invest on nicotine gum while on duty or something or smoke where your guests can't see you.

TV was on in my room upon return one evening, the remote on the bed. This freaked me out more than anything as I never once turned on the TV nor had any clue where the remote was. The front desk blamed it on a timer set by a previous guest, but I checked and there wasn't such a timer set on the TV. The only explanation is that house keeping was watching TV in my room while they cleaned it. I'm human. I get it. But turn it off after you leave the room and put everything back where you found it. It really made me feel almost violated in some way to the point I didn't sleep well that night.

The bedding was old and tattered and just didn't have a clean look to it. I actually went to WALMART and got a cheap blanket to cocoon myselfd each night.

Honestly this was the most miserable hotel stay of my travel career thus far. I did not give it lower reviews because for what it is, it is acceptable for most.

If you are going through for one night or need a place to stay while on the road, and are only going to be sleeping once, eating, and leaving, this would be a great place for the value and location.

If you are in the area on business and are going to be living here for more than one night, I would suggest looking elsewhere or having your company look elsewhere when looking for a block of rooms.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Chuck B
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
ChuckB, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the problems that you had during your stay. I can assure you that the issues that occured during your stay with the employee out front smoking have been addressed and will not happen again. We have also completed a major renovation which included all new bedding. I hope that if you are in the area again you will give our hotel another try.

Thanks,

Jason Hawkins
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont
Quality Inn And Conference Center
Red Roof Inn Clyde
Red Roof Inn Clyde
#1 of 2 in Clyde
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!