New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
Pittsburgh
“GROSS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I have never written a review on this website before - or any travel website about any hotel before. This hotel is so exceptionally gross that I felt the need to warn others and save them the burden of staying here. As soon as I walked in, I was hit with an odd smell. I don't know what it is, but everything is extremely dated and extremely dirty. (The water in my bathroom has a yellow tint!). After checking in I learned there is no elevator so be prepared to haul your baggage up stairs! Then I walk into my room and the heat was on... It's a 90 degree summer day. I will probably not even sleep tonight bc I'm so uncomfortable with sleeping in this bed with dingy linens. The bath towels have a brownish tinge as well. Still not ruling out my car at this point. I don't think I've ever stayed at a more disgusting hotel (and I do not typically stay at expensive or luxurious hotels). The fact that they charge any money let alone $100/night should be a crime. If any money is changing hands I should be paid to stay here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Stella813

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

At first glance the floor looked clean, but it was dirty. My baby was crawling on it and her skin turned black! The shower was not very clean either--the area around the "mat" at the bottom of the tub was gross. Decided not to give my kids a bath--and they really needed one. Also,the crib I requested was not in the room. When I called they brought one promptly,but it would have been nice not to have to wait with 4 tired and crabby kids at 10 at night. Then the lady couldn't figure out how to set it up. No complaints about her--she tried. But the staff could obviosuly be trained better. Other than that the staff was helpful and while I could tell we had noisy neighbors the room was very well insulated--we were all still able to sleep well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manchester Township, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I do not normally write negative reviews , I feel compelled to get this information out to my fellow travelers. I booked this place on the Internet as I usually do, just one night stop on the way west.Looked good and price was reasonable. Upon arrival, desk person was training new employee and was pre occupied , that's ok I am neither pushy or impatient.Finally processed paperwork. Because of the less than appealing lobby and strong smoke smell, (cigarette, cigar, and God knows what), we decided to check the room first before unpacking the car. The room was supposed to be non smoking, it smelled like an ash tray.Two beds in room and one was not even made, it was in slept in condition with the covers turned! We were given a second room, Air conditioner was inoperable and shower was covered in mold. They credited my card and we went to a beautiful Holliday Inn Express on the other side of the highway.

Room Tip: Go to the Holliday Inn!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joeandarlene

Travelers are raving about these Fremont hotels

Fremont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Checked in just before 9 p.m. after a long day on the road to be told the restaurant closed at 9 p.m. Disappointing. Clerk was friendly, room was clean and bed comfortable. However, the breakfast left a lot to be desired. Cell phone reception inside the hotel didn't exist. Had to walk outside to use the cell.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

My fourth or fifth time staying here and, as always, a good experience. The front desk worker was helpful and friendly, and the room was clean and quiet,. The bathroom, definitely outdated, was clean with no bugs or mold. My only issues were the door to the bathroom didn't stay open and the shower facet didn't fully engage. Compared to the prices of the other local hotels, this place is a great place to stay. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank David H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Clyde
BEST WESTERN Port Clinton
BEST WESTERN Port Clinton
#4 of 18 in Port Clinton

Been to Days Inn Fremont? Share your experiences!