“Good Food, Friendly, Priced Right”
Review of sweet home cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
sweet home cafe
Cuisines: Diner
Toledo, Ohio, United States
“Good Food, Friendly, Priced Right”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My friend and I stopped in for dinner. We had no idea what to expect. The food was very tasty and the staff was very friendly. We will definitely stop in the next time we're in Fremont!

• Visited September 2013

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Excellent ;food, friendly staff”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Looked and looked, and gambled on Sweet Home Café for breakfast. GREAT choice. Only downside: TOO much of a good thing, but take-home boxes are available.

Visited August 2013
Essex, Connecticut
“Sour Road Stop”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Goodness! No one greeted us for five minutes; finally a waitress yelled sit anywhere we'll be with you in a minute. 20 minutes later, the waitress, for whom being friendly was a painful-looking endeavor, took drink orders and yelled at the kids that they were gonna have to be louder. Ten minutes later, she took the food order. The food took 25 minutes to arrive and was, for the most part, pretty okay, except for the completely over cooked sausage--should have been billed as jerky--and the potatoes were about as crispy as a dishrag. The waitress did apologize for the wait, but in general the service was abysmal. While the food was home-cooked, sort of, this cafe was anything but sweet.

• Visited July 2013
“Their food is very nasty and very unfit”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Well me my wife my grandma and grandpa and my aunt went there we had ate chicken chunks onion rings breaded mushrooms cheese burger port chop you name it okay OMFG the wait ress we had name crystal she was an women she got so nasty with the whole entire family we all were nice to her she was verry rude and not sanitary but yeah after we got home we had dierriea all night kept vomitting had blood come out i mean we were feeling very bad didnt get 1 bit of sleep i mean it felt like a bricks not to mention we will never step 1 or 2 feet in there again we do not apprecaite them,very rude inlikely people if you asks me that place should not be standing

Thanks sincerly brent riley

Fremont, Ohio
“Was great food and serivce”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had went there recently I have been there before and has always been satisfied with the food the food is to die for! I love there home made food style I read the comment above on how the "older waitress" was a bad server I have had her the past three times and she is wonderful! She is the most kind hearted women I have ever met she would give the clothes off her back for you. I advise you to go back and not judge her and maybe try to get to know her before you go talking about her. She might become one of your best waitresses.

• Visited October 2012