“Home cooking at a restraurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of sweet home cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Fremont, Ohio, United States
“Home cooking at a restraurant”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had good service and good food. It was a good home cooked meal without all the trouble. The portion are good and the price is reasonable. We had the fried chicken and the perch dinner. We will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2012

Fremont, Ohio
“Criminals”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Food is absolutely great. But some of the employees in the back are felons. Not a great feeling of safety. Food is great though, especially their breakfast and appetizers.

Norristown
“ohio eateries”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We ate dinner at this place alot. Food was delicious! The homemade pies were even better then blackberry corners rest.
We had trouble finding it this yr. Location in Fremont.
You'll love it!

Visited May 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“What a terrible experience, bad food, nasty waitress”
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Went there for two reasons: 1) had eaten there last fall and the fried chicken was excellent and they have free wifi. I dont need wifi, I have my own aircard, but I knew that they had a lot of plugs to plug in my laptop. The advertise free wifi on their outside sign and inside on a big sign, so you would think they are computer friendly. I sit down at a table and pull out my laptop. I plug it into the wall outlet at my table. I am getting everything set up and on my computer for a few minutes and realize that I am not getting power. The older lady waitress is watching me, as I move around the room checking every plug and just glaring at me. I finally find the only plug that works in the dining room, which also happens to be the last outlet in the dining area. I mention it to the waitress that none of the plugs I tried worked except that one I was plugged into, and she says: "yes, we know none of the plugs work" real snotty like to me. She knew none of the plugs worked that I was trying, but yet she let me try everyone of them (I was picking up my laptop and moving from table to table). I needed an outlet as my battery was almost dead and I needed to send an invoice to one of my customers.

I do have to say this, she did offer me and get me a another glass of chocolate milk when i dumped mine when i was moving to the other table. I had not drank out of it, but she had put it on the table we had originally sat at and I dumped it when moving everything to the new table.

Now the food, the fried chicken dinners my wife and I got were not fully cooked. They were still bloody near the bone. The french fries she got were extremely greasy and limp and cooked to a very dark brown that tasted burnt. I know because I tried a couple after her insistence. You would pick up a fry and it would droop. I had mashed potatos and those were ok. It took forever for the waitress to come over and refill our drinks. She barely came over during our meal at all. It was almost like she was trying to avoid us, based upon the friendly greetings to obvious regulars and the devoted attention she gave them. She brought them multiple refills on their drinks on a table near us, but we couldnt get our first refill and they were seated after us.

• Visited May 2011