“Complete Perfection” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of RiverView B&B Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Franklin Furnace
RiverView B&B Inn
Forest City, Iowa
“Complete Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stopped here during our trip to St. Louis from Pittsburgh. We arrived around 5:30pm. The owners came over from the house next door where they live. We were warmly greeted and they showed us around the property. The house is immaculate to say the least. A big comfy bed and we also had a rollaway bed for a child as well. A great bathroom and free snacks in the fridge. Books, magazines and video's to watch if you want. This place was spotless. The breakfast in the AM was awesome. I cannot say enough good about this property. We will be back. We visited with our two children ages 8 and 10.

Room Tip: Get the Riverview room is available.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeorgeBobbie, Owner at RiverView B&B Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn and our service. We enjoyed your visit with us, and we hope that all went well with the medical procedures that you were enroute to when you visited.

We hope that you can visit us again.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had an outstanding stay at this very well maintained B&B right on the banks of the Ohio River, in Franklin Furnace, Ohio. I stayed in the CreekView room and loved sitting on the balcony for hours watching boats and barges cruise along the historic Ohio River, as well as the occasional train on the Kentucky side of the River. This large house is an ideal place for individuals, couples, and families with 4 different rooms (note: the MarinaView Room is not pictured in my video). The large dining room, other first floor rooms, and enormous deck with a very large hot tub is an ideal setting for weddings and receptions. The lower level also has a meeting room that can accommodate 20 persons. The refrigerator was full of complimentary snacks and beverages the night I arrived and breakfast the next morning was substantial and delicious. George and Bobbie Sich are gracious, hospitable hosts, and and very knowledgeable about places all along the Ohio River. They live in a house on the other side of the street, so renters have lots of privacy. I do a lot of research when I travel and am convinced that this is one of the best places to stay any where on the Ohio River. It was overcast and rainy the next morning when I prepared this brief video of RiverView B&B http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vMNHNRvP-4

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank alashas
We know that we responded to you via email after your visit, but we wanted to thank you again for your great review and photo spread...and youtube video.

Our words from a previous email are still valid, "We hope that you’re getting some rest from your travels…or, maybe, the travel energizes you. Either way, thanks again for your kind words."
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Inn is a stately two story Inn with a large deck overlooking the Ohio river. The word 'scenic' does not begin to do justice to the place. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and spotless. The homemade, cooked from scratch breakfasts are wonderful. I felt relaxed the moment I stepped foot on the grounds. I'd love to go back. Hope it's not booked solid (because of this review) when I next head to the Portsmouth area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Turingtest
Slough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were due in Ohio from the UK to settle our son into a local university. Having found the RiverView on the Internet we booked immediately and would recommend it to anyone for a short break, business trip or even an extended stay. The facilities and location were outstanding, matched by the welcome given by George and Bobbie who could have done nothing more for us. If you have any reason to be in the Franklin Furnace or Portsmouth area then look no further. In addition to a great room and view, spacious bathroom and beautiful location overlooking the Ohio river, Bobbie's breakfasts are amazing, you can keep in touch with the world using the free wi-fi whilst relaxing on the sun desk and oh, that hot tub!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

I am neither a reviewer nor a Bed and Breakfast fan. My travel preference would be a suite at a modern hotel in an urban area. When travelling to Southern Ohio to visit family the options are limited. The Riverview Inn is one of my favorite places to stay. The Inn is comfortable, spacious, and clean. Ask for the river view suite which has three large bay windows to watch the river slowly amble by. The view is equally relaxing in all seasons. The house has everything a traveller needs from drinks (including wine and beer) in the fridge to hair dryers to a huge selection of DVD's to watch and much more. The proprieters are warm and thoughtful. The service is attentive and individualized. On my third visit I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they record what is served for breakfast so they can prepare it for you on the next stay. Bottom line: I can relax here as easily as I can relax in a suite at the W. Big thumbs up for George and Bobbie.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dianne G
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

We had to make an urgent unplanned trip to Southern Ohio. Having grown up in this region, I was well aware of the lack of quality lodging. I did a quick Google search and found this B&B which I had not previously known about. I called and was able to book two rooms on last minute notice on a holiday weekend. The innkeepers were wonderful in getting us set up and took wonderful care of us during our stay. We stayed two nights.

The location is breathtaking right on the Ohio River. One of my favorite things was standing on the deck at night and watching boats and barges go by. It was especially relaxing when sitting in the hot tub on the deck. The rooms were spacious, clean and well appointed. We stayed in the RiverView room. It was very large and comfortable. We felt it was worth the higher rate for this room as it was so large and had a wonderful view of the river.

A friend stayed in the Marietta room and loved it. The rooms have private bathrooms (although the Marietta bathroom is not attached but across the hall). There is a workout facility and meeting room in the basement. The kitchen is stocked with snacks and drinks. There is ample space for entertaining in the kitchen and family room areas. We hosted several of our family members while we were guests. The breakfasts were wonderful with delicious food. The innkeepers go out of their way to make sure your stay is pleasant but are not intrusive. The rates are the least we have ever paid for a B&B and competitive with the hotels in the area.

My wife and I have begun to stay in more B&B’s as chain hotels are often a roll of the dice, even higher end chains at times. I was impressed with the quality of this B&B especially in light of the alternatives in this area. I highly recommend this property if staying in gorgeous Southern Ohio.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DaveLD
Somerset, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I decided to surprise our granddaughter who was performing for the first time in a praise and worship band in Portsmouth. The trip was planned at the last minute and we opted to avoid the hotel chains and find a B & B. After checking the Riverview out on TripAdvisor we decided to give it a try. What an unexpected surprise. When we arrived we were greeted warmly by our host, George, who showed us around and encouraged us to make ourselves at home, right down to encouraging us to help ourselves to snacks and refreshments in the kitchen. The home is beautiful and is located right on the shore of the Ohio River. Our room was spotless, nicely decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable. In the morning Bobbi prepared a wonderful breakfast of fresh fruit, homemade granola and yogurt, assorted breads, and a delicious egg and sausage casserole (best coffee ever)! Our hosts, George and Bobbi, were so gracious and hospitable and made us feel so welcome. I would highly recommend this B & B to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway in a beautiful setting on the Ohio River.

Room Tip: Since we booked at the last minute we weren't able to get a room with a river view but would sug...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Polly F
GeorgeBobbie, Owner at RiverView B&B Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for TripAdvisor.com. We are very pleased that you found your stay with us pleasant. The surprise for your family and the quality time that you spent with them is the best memory for you to take home with you. We're just happy to have provided you a comfortable place to stay while you were away from home.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin Furnace
Franklin Furnace Inn & RV Park
Franklin Furnace Inn & RV Park
#2 of 2 in Franklin Furnace
Shawnee Lodge and Conference Center

Been to RiverView B&B Inn? Share your experiences!