“Superlative B and B”
Review of RiverView B&B Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Franklin Furnace
RiverView B&B Inn
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I am neither a reviewer nor a Bed and Breakfast fan. My travel preference would be a suite at a modern hotel in an urban area. When travelling to Southern Ohio to visit family the options are limited. The Riverview Inn is one of my favorite places to stay. The Inn is comfortable, spacious, and clean. Ask for the river view suite which has three large bay windows to watch the river slowly amble by. The view is equally relaxing in all seasons. The house has everything a traveller needs from drinks (including wine and beer) in the fridge to hair dryers to a huge selection of DVD's to watch and much more. The proprieters are warm and thoughtful. The service is attentive and individualized. On my third visit I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they record what is served for breakfast so they can prepare it for you on the next stay. Bottom line: I can relax here as easily as I can relax in a suite at the W. Big thumbs up for George and Bobbie.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dianne G
There are newer reviews for RiverView B&B Inn

Reviewed November 6, 2011

We had to make an urgent unplanned trip to Southern Ohio. Having grown up in this region, I was well aware of the lack of quality lodging. I did a quick Google search and found this B&B which I had not previously known about. I called and was able to book two rooms on last minute notice on a holiday weekend. The innkeepers were wonderful in getting us set up and took wonderful care of us during our stay. We stayed two nights.

The location is breathtaking right on the Ohio River. One of my favorite things was standing on the deck at night and watching boats and barges go by. It was especially relaxing when sitting in the hot tub on the deck. The rooms were spacious, clean and well appointed. We stayed in the RiverView room. It was very large and comfortable. We felt it was worth the higher rate for this room as it was so large and had a wonderful view of the river.

A friend stayed in the Marietta room and loved it. The rooms have private bathrooms (although the Marietta bathroom is not attached but across the hall). There is a workout facility and meeting room in the basement. The kitchen is stocked with snacks and drinks. There is ample space for entertaining in the kitchen and family room areas. We hosted several of our family members while we were guests. The breakfasts were wonderful with delicious food. The innkeepers go out of their way to make sure your stay is pleasant but are not intrusive. The rates are the least we have ever paid for a B&B and competitive with the hotels in the area.

My wife and I have begun to stay in more B&B’s as chain hotels are often a roll of the dice, even higher end chains at times. I was impressed with the quality of this B&B especially in light of the alternatives in this area. I highly recommend this property if staying in gorgeous Southern Ohio.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DaveLD
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I decided to surprise our granddaughter who was performing for the first time in a praise and worship band in Portsmouth. The trip was planned at the last minute and we opted to avoid the hotel chains and find a B & B. After checking the Riverview out on TripAdvisor we decided to give it a try. What an unexpected surprise. When we arrived we were greeted warmly by our host, George, who showed us around and encouraged us to make ourselves at home, right down to encouraging us to help ourselves to snacks and refreshments in the kitchen. The home is beautiful and is located right on the shore of the Ohio River. Our room was spotless, nicely decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable. In the morning Bobbi prepared a wonderful breakfast of fresh fruit, homemade granola and yogurt, assorted breads, and a delicious egg and sausage casserole (best coffee ever)! Our hosts, George and Bobbi, were so gracious and hospitable and made us feel so welcome. I would highly recommend this B & B to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway in a beautiful setting on the Ohio River.

Room Tip: Since we booked at the last minute we weren't able to get a room with a river view but would sug...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Polly F
GeorgeBobbie, Owner at RiverView B&B Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for TripAdvisor.com. We are very pleased that you found your stay with us pleasant. The surprise for your family and the quality time that you spent with them is the best memory for you to take home with you. We're just happy to have provided you a comfortable place to stay while you were away from home.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

I know this review is late but will post anyway. We had a wonderful time watching the boats go by on our private deck. We were so lucky as the sun was out too. Our room was very tastefully decorated and had wonderful views.. The breakfast was delicious and filling. The innkeepers were easy to talk to and available without being intrusive. We were extremely happy with the overall experience. Diane & Bill

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Hi, Diane & Bill.
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com. One of the many benefits of being innkeepers is hearing that your stay with us has been pleasant. We hope that you will come back for another visit when you're in our area.

Reviewed March 17, 2011

It was important to find the perfect place for our vacation to Southern Ohio. We'd had a stressful past year and this short trip needed to perform miracles to restore us. Photos and Comments studied before booking our room at the RiverView B&B were promising but could not adequately predict the way we felt the moment we walked through the doors and became guests. Inside, the home was immaculate and fresh-- yet very cozy and welcoming. We were generously given the run of the place, invited to raid the fridge, (even snatch an adult beverage!) and snack basket, snuggle down into the cozy sofa and read from a library of books and magazines or watch our choice of movies from the plentiful stash, then retire groggily to divine luxury! Our huge bed was deep slumber waiting to happen yet the enormous jacuzzi tub right in our room, the biggest I've ever seen, beckoned us first. There were candles to light in the fireplace and cool furniture so you could find the true perfect spot to chill out. It felt like home where all your favorite things are---minus the annoying chores and deadlines to meet. Breakfast was fresh farm eggs and homemade breads and jams, fresh juice and more. To top it all off...the main attraction---the Ohio River, is mere steps away and is what you see as you look out about any window. Bobbi and George are a joy to visit with but almost make you feel like it's your home and they stop by to visit and make sure you are content and have everything you need! How do they do that? Bravo! We shall return!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kelliebellie314
GeorgeBobbie, Owner at RiverView B&B Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

I've finally found TripAdvisor and signed up. We've had lots of rain here and we're still flooded on the lower level of our yard. We've had a lot of clean up to do!

Thank you for your wonderful review. You do have a way with words. Congrats again of being published.

George

Reviewed December 13, 2010

Some of my hiking friends and I planned a dayhike in this area which is just over 2 hours east of where we all live. We had a fantastic 8 mile hike and then headed over to the inn for a night of relaxation. Bobbi and George were great hosts and got us settled in right away. After dinner, we retired to the hot tub for a nighttime soak complemented by fun conversation. My room was the Riverview suite and it was wonderful --- very spacious with comfy seating and an amazing view of the Ohio River. Breakfast was delightful (I even asked for seconds) and served at our time choice. We definitely plan on returning in the springtime. Thanks again for making this a great ladies' getaway for us!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends

I just got onto TripAdvisor and found your wondervul review. I couldn't let it pass without saying, "Thank You." We hope you can return.

George

Reviewed July 28, 2010

We were in the area visiting family and stumbled upon the RiverView Inn. We experienced wonderful hospitality, very relaxing views of the river on the enormous deck, and amazing breakfast! What a great find in an area with very few options! Thank you Bobbi and George for a wonderful time!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank madsm0m

Please accept my apology for not responding to your review in an timely manner. i just found TripAdvisor.com and signed up our Inn. I'm waaaaay behind on my correspondence, but at least the grass is cut!

Thank you for your wonderful review. We will do our best to exceed your expectations each time you are able to visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin Furnace
Hampton Inn Ashland
Hampton Inn Ashland
#1 of 10 in Ashland
Best Western River Cities

Been to RiverView B&B Inn? Share your experiences!