“Nice get away”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was online and looking for a nice place to stay to get away for a night. After looking at some of the comments on trip advisor and other sites I was kind of scetchy on staying at the hotel. I then contacted the hotel and the front desk employee Bobbi Jo said that the rooms were nice. After comming into the hotel I meet Bobbi Jo in person and she was even nicer than over the phone very helpful and outgoing great first impression of the hotel. I then ask her if I could see a room and she said yes not a problem. There were other guest in the lobby checking in so the manager Matt came out of the office and took the time to walk me down and show me the room that I would be renting for the night. The room was painted had new flat screen tvs and everything. Very nice room for the price that I paid. Breakfast was wonderful. I will deffently come here more often to get away. thanks for everything.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am always traveling through I-75.. this time I stop at Quality Inn Franklin OH, It was a nice surprise to see my room size. Definitely its large then standard hotel rooms and price was high$50. Next to cracker barrel .Most convenience is quick access to I-75.

Room Tip: Ask for room with wet bar.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Pulled off the interstate at nearly midnite, after the Reds game. The check-in clerk was either new, inept, poorly trained or maybe all 3. Asked for the lowest rate possible, and was quoted the AAA rate. Had to argue with the fellow, until he finally clued in that CAA is Canada's version of AAA -- the same thing. Then he couldn't figure out how to enter a Canadian postal code. Finally got me all set up, but forgot to put the discount rate in, so we had to start all over again. After about a 20 minute check-in process I finally got into my very stinky room. It looked clean enough but smelled horrible. No other rooms available, and even if there were, I think I would have been at the desk 'til 2 a.m. trying to change it! "Breakfast" supposed to go 'til 10 a.m., but when I showed up at 9:15, everything was gone. There were about 20 guests milling about for food, but there was nothing but a few muffins left. Tack on an extra 10 bucks to the room rate to pay for breakfast somewhere else. This is my last try with a Quality Inn. They seem to be competing with Motel 6 at twice the price.

Room Tip: Avoid the place, but room 105 smells like a corpse smoked a cigar in there!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank steve a
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have stayed at this facility before in the past when it was the country hearth. We never stayed there again. After learning that it changed to quality inn We gave it another chance because I travel alot and most of the times quality inns are good places to stay. The first time we stayed everything had improved 100 percent from country hearth.
The second time we stayed it had gone back the other way. Staff was very nice that was the best part.
We booked a room with 2 queen beds and they gave us 2 full size beds not the same. Room smelled very bad when asked if they had any king rooms I was told no but later I saw someone come in and asked and they said yes. Will not stay tthere again.. Like I said first time was good the second stay was not so much.. Pool was also green. Thats why we stayed there to begin with. Room floor was dirty when we arrived for 2 nights stsy and never was swept at all during our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We booked 3 nights at this hotel through choicehotels.com, thinking it would be a convenient place to stay after reading the recent reviews.

Unfortunately, we were greatly misled...

...everything reeked of smoke. Literally, all the rooms, the halls, and the walls. We spent at least an hour going to all the vacant rooms (of which there were a lot, but not the Kings, occupied by construction workers who had been living and smoking there for over a month?????!!!!) trying to find one without a nasty smell. Unfortunately, nothing was found.

...a dog was also off-leash in the hallway and chased my boyfriend down the hallway

The one glimmer of hope for this place is Mindy, the AMAZING desk worker who was extremely hospitable, patient, and understanding in helping us through this diaster. She seriously deserves an award.

Room Tip: There are no non-smoking rooms as of June 2013.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sabrochina
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had came in to stay last week, and this is a really nice and outstanding hotel! Front desk, "Bobbi jo" was very professional and had everything ready for me in a timely manner. It was a relaxed and comfortable stay! Also, as I was checking out, maintenance women "Tami" was very polite and helpful! I was having a rough time getting all my belongings out to my car and she never hesitated to ask if I needed help. Great hotel, and will definitely choose to come back! :)

• Stayed: May 2013
CHMiddletown, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

We are so glad that your stay was worry free and our staf was there to make your stay as comfortable we can. We want our guest to feel like they are the only one.
Thank you for choosing us and we hope if you are in the area again that you come back and see us again.
Toni Wallen

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My daughter and I needed a place to stay between our homes that was not too expensive and Quality Inn was it. The place is not up-to-date amenities and the like, but it had the minimum requirements for me to call it a decent hotel: I could walk barefoot on the floor, the beds were clean, and the facility was maintained as best as could it could be.

Unfortunately our first room had a broken toilet but they quickly moved us to a new room. My only complaint was that it was a smoking room and we are non-smokers but the window opened so we were able to get some fresh air while we slept. (I would have requested a third room but after driving 5 hours, I was just too tired.) Everyone was super kind. As long as you are willing to understand that by saving the $40-70 over other hotels and are going to get a hotel that is accordingly discounted, you're going to be pleased.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker be sure to say so.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us here at the Quality Inn and Suites of Franklin Ohio.
We hope if you are in this area that you choose us for your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Red Roof Inn & Suites Middletown/Franklin
Hampton Inn Middletown
#1 of 5 in Middletown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South Franklin
Fairfield Inn Middletown Monroe

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!