“Good generic accommodations”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is about what you would expect for this price range and type. Basic accommodations with few frills. Clean and well kept, nice and friendly staff, no view, near the crossroads of a couple of major highways. Within easy drive of Dayton and Cincinnati, Ohio. A basic continental breakfast is offered in the lobby but nothing to speak of.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Tom W

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I found this place in the magazine that you get when you enter each state. I had some earlier success with another hotel, so I was quite prepared to try again. Unfortunately, this Econo Lodge was so shady. As I pulled into the lot, I saw a `lady of the night`at least I thought it was. Well it was confirmed about ten minutes later when I ran into her negotiating a price with a customer. Creepy! I regret being not more forthright with my friend, but the price and the exhaustion we were feeling led to us settling on this place. When we went in to get the room, we had to call the front desk guy who picked up the phone barking `what do you want`. It was in a word, rude. He tried to up the price on the room and forced me to go out to the car to get the coupon book, which he did not even bother to look at. Again, rude. I then had my run-in with that lady, while buying a pop from the vending machine. The pop was completely dirty and gross! The room looked like it had carpet from the 80`s with plastic underneath it which shifted every time you walked on the carpet. I was so uneasy, I would not shower in the place. The bed was actually pretty comfortable, which made me almost bump it up to a two rating, But the rude nature of what I presume to be the owner and the hookers, just makes me want to ensure no one else goes through the extremely uncomfortable feeling I had at the Econo Lodge. I thought, hey it`s outside the city in relatively small town Ohio, on a Sunday night. Surely it`s safe. I did not feel that it was and paying $44 bucks is not worth the cruddy night of sleep I had. Lesson learned, hope this helps!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tdsuperstar
Reviewed July 5, 2013

If customer service and pride of ownership could be bottled- mr Patel would have the patent.
i will not stay anywhere else if i'm anywhere close to this property.
I was treated with respect and consideration during my stay here, My trips to and through Ohio are usually long and tiresome. The service I received here is priceless. I sleep like I'm @ home in my own bed. everything worked my room and I can't thank the staff and owner enough for continuing to make my stay more than pleasant.once again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rescue247
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Motel was run down. Room had not been painted in years (as it looked) and there was a big crack in the wall where it looked like a body might have hit it. I stayed 3 days because I was to tired to change Motels. Price was more in line with cleaner and new Motels. Another reason I chose to stay was the Choice Reward Points. To give you an idea of how run down this was they had monthly guests and my son was approached by one of them that wanted to sell him Crack Cocaine. I left after that, It appeared the staff were owners and were very nice. I did not attend the continetail breakfast they said they had in the small "Lobby"/

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ken L
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Initially my on-line reservation provided a ridiculously low price for the last two nights. The manager called and said this was an error and needed to be adjusted. I talked with him, with ChoiceHotels, and with my wife and came up with a compromise we all could agree to. The manager was very reasonable and personable. We were put in a newly remodeled room. It was very clean and the bed-sheets and all by look and smell were as clean as you would see at a 5-star hotel. The breakfast was minimal, but a McD's is right across the road. Some of the long-term tenants looked a little sketchy, and they mentioned that sometimes in that area things get a little wild on weekends, but our experience was that nothing unsafe or questionable occurred. If I return to the Dayton Hamvention in the future, this will be where I stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on 3/8/13. We needed something close to Springboro for an early appointment the next day. The room was very clean and the owner very nice and accomodating. It has easy access to the highway and close proximity to a walgreens and restaurants. There was good water pressure for showering. A great value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Econo Lodge was living up to its name and offering good accomodations for the money. The room was clean. The TV, microwave, and refrigerator were fully functional. The breakfast was limited but tasty.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same