“Thank God it was only one night...” 1 of 5 bubbles

Motel 6 Franklin
Motel 6 Franklin
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Franklin
Richmond, Kentucky
“Thank God it was only one night...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

There must have been only six rooms booked that evening. Smelled like cigarettes upon entry – smelled like disinfectant in the room. Bathroom door was broken. They booked a yapping dog across the hall from us – when we complained they said they had no idea it was in there (we could hear it all the way down the hall in the lunch area) and did nothing to fix the problem. Breakfast was less than minimal with some of the appliances not in order. This room was booked through Expedia – hotel refused to give us a receipt for the room saying we should get it from booking company. Best Advice: Drury Inn is across the road – far and away worth the extra 20 bucks.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
mike m, General Manager at Motel 6 Franklin, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 4882 Franklin. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there 2 days the beds was real hard they didn't clean the rooms when we was gone for the day and the inside pool was closed from the health department and when we needed towels and tolit paper we had to go to the service desk to get anything we needed it wasn't supplied. Don't stay here.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Franklin hotels

Ayr, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

I got off the interstate after a long drive. I checked in went to my room. When I put my key card in the door it went in 6 inches. I thought the door was already open and tried again without the key. It went in but did stop. Turns out the metal door trim on the inside was the only thing that stopped the door from completly opening. I asked for another room but was told they were all like this. Well to say the least I didn't sleep well that night and if I wasn't so tired would have went to another hotel. In addition their wireless was down I had to go to the McDonalds accross the street. Room was clean enough but nothing to get excited about. I would not recommend staying at this Quality Inn

Room Tip: Choose another hotel to get a good room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
mike m, Owner at Motel 6 Franklin, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
i am sorry for the trouble you experience. the hotel is no longer owned by the old owner and old mangment are no longer here and we would like to earn your busness back. We are in process of remodeling and updating the room to a new level which no hotel has seen
Charleston, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

For $70 a night, it was awful. We paid for two rooms online, and went by the pictures posted on the Choice Hotel's website. What a joke that was! According to the hotel specs, they had a hot tub and pool area... when we got there? No hot tub, and the pool was tiny and the water was green. There was a PILE of dirt (about 3 ft high) dumped in the middle of the parking lot, all the hotel windows were open to allow air circulation (so the hotel was hot & stuffy [95 degree weather]), there was one way in, and with our room on the top floor, no elevator. In mine & my son's room, only part of the lights in the room worked, and to top off the whole experience, my mother woke in her room to the sight of a roach crawling across the pillow in the other bed. We couldn't wait to get out of there!

If you're staying in Franklin, go to the next exit where there are several nicer places to choose from.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

This hotel is unquestionably the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed inn. The first thing we notice is that our dog was going around the room sniffing and chewing. We then discovered that the room was filled with used chewing gum under all the chairs, table and other furniture. The chewing gum was also stuck all over the bedspread which our dog also found. My wife took the bedspread to the staff on duty and they just handed here another one with no comment or apology at all. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2009

My husband and I stayed for three days. Never again! If not for the fact that we had limited funds, we would have went elsewhere. Where to begin. . . the pool was scary. They kept the lights off and I understand why. The water was slimy and green. The paint was peeling on the inside of the pool. The concrete around the pool was busted up. No leisurely swim this stay. Our room was okay. Mold on shower curtain and toilet leaked. Everyday we stayed, we were left fewer towels. Started out with 6 big towels on first day, ended up getting only 2 on the third day. Staff was friendly but a lot of updates and maintenance need to be done. Next time I am in that area, I will pay the extra $20 to $30 dollars for a nice room. (My husband said he saw a roach crawling on TV in breakfast area on the last morning!)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
US
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

Worst hotel I've ever stayed at in my life! This was a smoking only hotel at one time and you can tell. The rooms smell horrible and the walls have a yellow film over them. There were also a number of ash burns on the carpet.
There was a 3 to 4 inch red stain on the bed sheets that I was hoping wasn't blood. On the carpet, just underneath the bed sheet, I found some old french fries, potatoe chips, and an empty Mc Donald's sundae container from some previous hotel visitors.
There was a crack and 2 big chips out of the bathroom mirror, 2 huge stains on the bathroom door each about the size of a football, the lid of the toilet was too small so you could see inside the tank, and the toilet had black stains all over the seat.
To keep the window open, they were nice enough to keep a metal rod on the window sill. The rod was there to put underneath the window and keep it from shutting on its own.
Breakfast...how about some warm hard boiled eggs or cereal with warm milk???? The cereal was at least packaged, minimizing the risk of disease, so I can't complain about that.
Lastly, the doorknob to the adjoining room was missing, so the people in the room next to me were able to look into my room. Children and those with small hands could have easily stuck their hand through the hole and unlocked the door if they were crazy enough.
I cannot reiterate how horrible this hotel is. I am an avid traveler, have stayed in many hotels in my life and never been so disguisted. I moved to a new hotel the first chance I had and suggest you do the same.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank UsTraveler50
mike m, Owner at Motel 6 Franklin, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Holiday Inn Express Franklin
Hampton Inn Suites Springboro
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 9 in Franklin

Been to Motel 6 Franklin? Share your experiences!