While staying with my pregnant wife, a staff member entered our room at 11:30 at night. My wife was asleep and I was in the restroom when he took the "Quiet Please" sign off the door and barged in. Apparently then he realized there really were people in the room so he said "Sorry, front desk" and left. He was able to get in because I hadn't been able to get the latch all the way because it had stuck. When I called the desk to find out what went on, the man said he'd talk to me about the situation shortly, then put me on hold. So I got dressed and walked to the front desk to find out why someone barged into our room. He said there wasn't supposed to be anyone in our room and asked if we were supposed to have checked out already. Apparently the employee who checked us in listed our room incorrectly in the computer and when our room was reassigned to other people they were given a key to our room. When they got to our room they saw the "Quiet Please" sign, heard the TV on, and surmised that someone was in the room so they went up and said something to the desk employee. Apparently his deductive reasoning skills weren't as good as theirs, because he saw the sign, heard the TV, and walked right in "to investigate." When I asked why he didn't call to ask, he said he did, but that he called the room we were supposed to be in, not the room we actually were in. And apparently that's what people at this hotel are trained to do. If you suspect someone might be in a room because there's a sign on the door and a TV on, you call the next room down the hall to check. However, the best part was, the solution the employee offered was a free upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi. Apparently that was supposed to do something for me despite the fact that we were only staying for one night and were already in bed. So a free jacuzzi to sleep next to is apparently supposed to make up for the fact that now we don't feel secure staying in a hotel room. In my 30 years, not only have I never had something like this happen to me, I've never heard of it happening to anyone else either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our wonderful Holiday Inn Express & Suites Franklin/Springboro, Ohio hotel named after Benjamin Franklin is conveniently located off I-75 at exit 38 (SR-73). We are 30 miles from James M. Cox Dayton International Airport (DAY) and 50 miles from Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). We are conveniently located near several corporations: Dayton Daily News, Lexis-Nexis, Faurecia, Pioneer Automotive, Braden Sutphin Ink & AK Steel. We are easily accessible to shopping at the Dayton Mall, fun and recreation of King's Island, The Beach Waterpark and Caesar s Creek State Park and entertainment at LaComedia Dinner Theatre. Our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Franklin, Ohio hotel offers spacious and luxurious guest rooms. Keep in touch with your office or home with complimentary wired/wireless HSIA. Stay productive working from our over-sized desk and comfortable ergonomic desk chair. Enjoy viewing your favorite TV programs on our 32 HDTV. Our 24-hour fitness center includes a modern elliptical machine, 2 treadmills and a stationary bicycle so you may keep up your fitness routine away from home. Daily we offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, featuring our signature cinnamon rolls! We also provide a complimentary 24-hour business center and a refreshing heated indoor pool. We look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Franklin / Springboro, OH hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Franklin Hotel Franklin
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South Franklin Ohio