“"Where Quiet Please Means Please Barge Into My Room"”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South Franklin
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed August 10, 2012

While staying with my pregnant wife, a staff member entered our room at 11:30 at night. My wife was asleep and I was in the restroom when he took the "Quiet Please" sign off the door and barged in. Apparently then he realized there really were people in the room so he said "Sorry, front desk" and left. He was able to get in because I hadn't been able to get the latch all the way because it had stuck. When I called the desk to find out what went on, the man said he'd talk to me about the situation shortly, then put me on hold. So I got dressed and walked to the front desk to find out why someone barged into our room. He said there wasn't supposed to be anyone in our room and asked if we were supposed to have checked out already. Apparently the employee who checked us in listed our room incorrectly in the computer and when our room was reassigned to other people they were given a key to our room. When they got to our room they saw the "Quiet Please" sign, heard the TV on, and surmised that someone was in the room so they went up and said something to the desk employee. Apparently his deductive reasoning skills weren't as good as theirs, because he saw the sign, heard the TV, and walked right in "to investigate." When I asked why he didn't call to ask, he said he did, but that he called the room we were supposed to be in, not the room we actually were in. And apparently that's what people at this hotel are trained to do. If you suspect someone might be in a room because there's a sign on the door and a TV on, you call the next room down the hall to check. However, the best part was, the solution the employee offered was a free upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi. Apparently that was supposed to do something for me despite the fact that we were only staying for one night and were already in bed. So a free jacuzzi to sleep next to is apparently supposed to make up for the fact that now we don't feel secure staying in a hotel room. In my 30 years, not only have I never had something like this happen to me, I've never heard of it happening to anyone else either.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jennifer L
Gary P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Franklin would first like to apologize for inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to post the comment.

I'm concerned about security issue you experienced at our
hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to
bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests and Security of our guest is top priority. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We were in town for a wedding and the staff went extremely far beyond what they should have to accomadate us (switching rooms, last minute cancelations, assisting with preperations for rehersal dinner). The breakfast was top notch and the staff was spot on for suggestions on where to eat. Stay here, it's awesome!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Tralang

The hotel would like to thank you for posting your review. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Franklin is pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in the Franklin and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night on business. Hotel staff were friendly and the rooms were clean! They had a priority club reception (which I hear happens every Tuesday) which included pizza, snacks, soda, and beer! There was plenty for everyone! It's about 15 minutes to Dayton Mall and 10 to this great Indian restaurant called Namaste! A must try if you are in the area!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Chdcarro

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comment regarding your recent stay with us. The hotel was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Priority Club reception that we offer to all our Priority Club Members guests complimentary.
and if you like indian Restuarant there is another good one right cross from Namaste restaurant is Amar india restaurant We look to your future stay with us.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Franklin,OH is new, clean, and well managed. We visited the National Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson AFB just outside of Dayton and the Creation Museum just south of Cincinnati and this HIE is perfectly located between the two attractions. I found it to be the most reasonably priced of the HEI options in the Dayton/Cincinnati area.

Room Tip: Hotel is just off the interstate but I did not notice any excessive noise. Try the Mexican restaura...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Randall H
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The front desk reps are very nice. Breakfast was good! Pool was clean as was the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alfie711
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Close to the highway. Breakfast was decent. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank dnumme
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Large and very comfortable room with spacious king size bed!
Top quality and complimentary breakfast served every day.
Overall, well worth the price paid and a consistent value. Situated in a very quiet, commercial area with a super Walmart located within walking distance. Various restaurants nearby.
Most highly recommended.

Room Tip: Large and very quiet room with very spacious king size bed! Top quality and complimentary breakfast...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PhilHarmonik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Hampton Inn Suites Springboro
Days Inn Middletown
Days Inn Middletown
#6 of 9 in Franklin
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South Franklin? Share your experiences!