“Exceeded expectations”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South Franklin
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Our room was very nice. Modern, clean and not beat up looking like some hotel rooms can be. We really liked the king bed. Free breakfast was tasty. The price we paid was awesome. I have paid more for places not so nice.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Kristen H

Reviewed August 18, 2011

The hotel was great. It is relatively new, and located just South of Dayton. There really aren't any restaurants in walking distance- so eat before you check in. The room was huge and exceptionally nice. Big Flat screen, nice amenities. The fitness center was great- state of the art equipment.
The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the man at check in was not very welcoming.
Springboro is a great little town next door, and there is a nice running trail along the Great Miami River- about 3 miles West of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TDbusiness
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights to attend a friends wedding. Its pretty much a typical (but new) H I Express. The location is near the interstate and convenient to shopping at the Dayton Mall up the Interstate a few exits. Being a typical chain property, I can't give it a 5 star. Its a nice property for what it is. The reason this gets a 3 star is the lack of smiles and lack of helpfulness at the desk. They need to learn what the word hospitality means.
Other than that it was fine.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rockguy23
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My mother had surgery in the spring of 2011 and I needed to fly home several times during her recovery. I decided to give Holiday Inn Express a try and was really impressed. The front desk staff was so hlepful and friendly, and accomodated my requests on several different occasions. My room and bed were very clean and super comfortable. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cabwy
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for two nights while attending a wedding in Cincinnati. We had arrived by plane at Dayton Airport and were looking for a hotel convenient to both Dayton and Cincinnati. This was the perfect location. The hotel is relatively new and very clean. We found the staff to be friendly and very helpful. The morning breakfast was great. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone needing a location between Dayton and Cincinnati.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank herr
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Got a suite for an overnight with my grandson and we really enjoyed the soft beds, snacks with the microwave and breakfast in the morning. We had to wash his football uniform and the laundry facilities worked out well for us. Front desk personnel were wonderful and very nice as well as others we encountered during our stay. I plan on staying again when I need to pick him up for a visit next time. My grandson plans on using the pool next time when we have more time!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank WestervilleGrandmac
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Holiday Inn Express is my favorite chain, I try and stay there as much as possible as long as it’s a newer property. Holiday Inn Express is in the middle of upgrading older properties, and boy do some of them need it! Thankfully however, this was a brand new property and the price was awesome ($80 a night)! The room was clean as was the rest of the property, the front desk was nice and our stay was excellent. My fiancée hated the décor, but I thought it was fine (very modern). For the price I don’t think you can find a better nights stay between the Dayton and Cincinnati areas. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JoshandIssa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Hampton Inn Suites Springboro
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 9 in Franklin
Drury Inn & Suites Middletown Franklin
Red Roof Inn & Suites Middletown/Franklin
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South Franklin? Share your experiences!