“Pleasantly Surprised”

Best Western Fostoria Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fostoria
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Since this is the only "decent" place in small-town Fostoria, we weren't really expecting much. We were very pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel is very well run. The common areas seem to have been renovated very recently, and the lobby is decorated with Fostoria glass and other memorabilia. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub area were clean, and towels were readily available. The continental breakfast was adequate -- the coffee was good, and the make-your-own waffles were a hit with my husband and son. Our only slight complaint is that the mattress was very uncomfortable -- the bed sagged yet felt too firm, squeaked a lot and was hot because of the plastic mattress cover under the sheet. An extra pillow tucked behind my back on the second night helped with the comfort level. We were visiting relatives for the holidays, and the hot tub was a great way to destress after a long drive to get there.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank RMHJoan

Reviewed July 16, 2007

My sister and I went on vacation. Staying at this hotel was an awesome expierence. Having staying at other hotels this one really stands out. The ladies were very helpful in giving directions, letting us use the hotel computer (the guest pc was not working), etc... .All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The next morning they asked how we enjoyed the previous day. All the staff I talked too were like you knew them a long time. The room was extremely clean. We had a non-smoking room and it smelled fresh and clean when we walked in. I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I would highly reccommend this hotel to everyone! Overall, this hotel gets two thumbs up!! Thanks Best Western Fostoria Inn & Suites!!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2007

Only Full Service in Fostoria, Clean and Comfortable Rooms. I had a 1st Floor room, A/C worked well, Indoor Pool available. Hotel is located at the northern tip of town and is in a Very Quiet Area. For the Rail Buffs that flock to Fostoria - The CSX Mainline to Toledo is only 3-4 Blocks away, The Iron Triangle is a meer 5 minutes to the hotel. Hotel Caters to railfans, and CSX Maint. of Way Truck were located in the parking lot. Only Problem was the Cont. Breakfast, Items were low and not being refilled, Staff Member seemed to not be attentive to the needs of the hotel guests in the breakfast area.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank FD214
Reviewed May 29, 2007

We were visiting my family in Fostoria and this place was definitely our home away from home. It is so quiet and comfy. The beds and pillows are very comfortable too. The room was rather large for what we paid for at just $66.00 a night for a non-smoking queen room with AAA. It was also extremely clean! You could smell a fresh clean smell
when you entered the room...even the bedding smelled like fresh laundry. The carpeting looked brand new and the overall appearance of our room looked as though it had been remodeled recently. My family told us that it used to be a Holiday Inn Express, but it was bought out by Best Western. We had never stayed at a Best Western before, however this left place a very good impression on us so we will always stay there everytime we visit. It appeared to be the best
hotel in town compared to some of the others. The front desk staff were very nice and friendly. They have a free breakfast bar each morning, which was one of the best varieties we have had and they have trays so you can take it back to your room. They also had a nice indoor pool and spa, but since we were visiting family, we did not get a chance to use them. I would definitely recommend this hotel
to anyone visiting.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dayzeehaze
Reviewed March 1, 2007

We went to Fostoria to visit family for Christmas in December of 2006. As there are only two hotels in this small town, our relatives recommended this one. The hotel was bright and clean with ample parking and a courteous staff. If you want to partake of the continental breakfast, you need to eat very early as the food seems to quickly disappear. We were fairly pleased with our room as it was spacious and clean. However, the clock hanging on the the wall and one of the lamps did not work. The bathroom was very small, but there was plenty of hot water for enjoying a long shower. Overall, it was a pleasant visit, and we would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2007

Most people don't spend time in Fostoria for the fun of it, so needless to say I was dreading my trip to Ohio for a family funeral. Turns out the Best Western Fostoria was one of the highlights of the trip. After traveling across country on two flights and a two hour car ride from Columbus, I had low expectations of my accomodations, and I'm happy to say this hotel exceeded them by a long shot. The facility was clean, comfortable, and caring. The front desk staff was always friendly, and seemed to take a personal interest in the guests. There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi which seemed popular with some visiting families. The rooms were quiet. There was a nice continental breakfast where you could also make your own waffles (one of my favorites!). I don't recommend a long stay in Fostoria, but if you find yourself there, you can't do better than this property. They get the little things right, and as you can tell by the other reviews, they do it right often.

• Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank SDSteve
A TripAdvisor Member
Nobelsville, IN
Reviewed December 18, 2005

We recently went to Fostoria and were booked to stay at a motel accross town but the place was so bad we left and went looking for something better. Something better does not begin to describe what we found. The Holiday Inn Express (now FOSTORIA INN & SUITES) was a lifesaver. We were greeted by the nicest people to this extremely clean and well kept Motel. We were suprised though to find out that the motel was actually about 7 years old (I thought it was new) and thet it had just been sold to a local owner and it is now called FOSTORIA INN & SUITES. I was so impressed that I thought it was worth putting this information on here as a review. I was told the staff will remain the same and they are planning improvements over what Holiday Inn standarts were. So if going to Fostoria, Ohio for any reason don't even think of going to the others accross town and be sure to go to FOSTORIA INN & SUITES. I understand their address and phone number will remain the same as listed for the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fostoria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Findlay
Drury Inn & Suites Findlay
The Rivers Edge Executive Ste
Quality Inn Findlay
Quality Inn Findlay
#6 of 15 in Findlay

Been to Best Western Fostoria Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!