This hotel is so bad I wouldn't even write this review if I didn't feel an obligation to warn others.
In terms of location, its is miles from downtown Cinci or the Kenwood Mall area. Kind of out by itself.
Minutes after we arrived and checked in, a man entered our room (knocking and entering at the same time as opposed to knocking and waiting for response.) Instead of saying he was sorry, he kept saying, "Did you just check in?". He eventually did apologize. We hadn't really had time to shut our eyes so it was not that big a deal, but it was the idea he would just enter without waiting for response was really strange.
All 3 times we interacted with the front desk - twice with the "General Manager" - we had to go into a little room beside the front desk and get someone to help us. The front desk was never staffed while we were there. In the evening, a young man who was eating pizza in the little room, acted as if we were disturbing him when asking about the channel location for the Reds game. (The Reds are the hometown team in Cinci.) He informed me they didn't carry that channel and told me "if this is the only way you judge a hotel, that is a pretty narrow standard." The morning we checked out, the "General Manager", when I said something about how they never staffed the front desk, she said "we are having our front desk staff meeting." That meeting must have lasted our entire stay.
I didn't notice an odor like others have written about.
The wi-fi (the free connection) was hit and miss.
The best thing about this place is there is a nice Starbucks across the road with friendly folks and steady wi-fi connection.
Think twice before staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, where you'll have the space you need to get things done or unwind and just be comfortable. Our stylish and smartly designed suites are 25% larger than a comparably priced hotel room, giving you room to succeed. We are one of Cincinnati’s most preferred hotels for business and leisure event accommodations. What sets us apart is the emphasis on service and our staff’s attention to guests' needs. The SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Cincinnati North is proud to offer your attendees the following extras to make their experience with us extra special:• In room microwave, mini refrigerator and coffee makers • USA Today delivered to room Monday through Friday • Complimentary Suites Season Breakfast buffet to include waffles, eggs, sausage and traditional cold items• Meeting Room to accommodate 40 people • Fitness Room• Marriott Rewards Memberships• 24 hour Business Center• 24 hour Market Place. We are confident that the SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Cincinnati North’s warm, inviting atmosphere and professional friendly staff will provide your attendees with an enjoyable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park Hotel Forest Park
- Amerisuites Forest Park
- Forest Park Amerisuites
- SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park Ohio