“Returned with grandchildren”

SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Forest Park
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had three grandchildren with us for this stay. The room with 2 double beds served us well with tight but adequate space for all five of us. Having a nice sized closet off of bathroom gave us space for suitcases so that we were not having them cluttering the room. The only real negative was the thick duvet on the beds in a room that has central control of temperature. The sofa bed was OK given it is a sofa bed. Everyone really liked the breakfast with a great variety to please everyone (unfortunately no grits though). Fresh made scrambled eggs and oatmeal, waffles, very good sausage gravy for premade buscuits, coffee, tea, juice, apples and oranges, yogurt, english muffins and cold cereal. They had dried canberries, pecan pieces and brown sugar for the oatmeal. This is our second stay and both have been very good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Lori J, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We know you have many lodging choices and appreciate your business. The drive into the hotel is in need of some help and I understand that improvements are scheduled for 2013. If you are returning to the area in the future I would like to make your reservations personally.

Lori Johnson

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

This is my third stay at this property this year. Always clean, quiet and well managed. Only area of improvement (probably out of the hotels control) is the service drive to the facility, bad shape and does not match the property.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We visit this property six times per year mainly because of the staff.

We view them as friends who always are upbeat and make our stay
extremely comfortable.

Special people should be recognized. They are.

Christie,Hany,Vernie,Marie,and Bob

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room. The staff are great
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently stayed at this location for six weeks. The entire staff here was amazing! They went out of their way to make me feel at home. The front desk staff, especially Matt and Hany were warm, thoughtful, professional and friendly, always eager to help and made sure any needs I had were taken care of immediately. Bob, the maintenance man and Vernie, the breakfast lady were also very kind and caring. The hotel was clean and the rooms were very comfortable. I have traveled extensively for work and have never encountered this kind of hospitality. 5 stars! I will absolutely be back.
Laurie S, Toledo, Ohio

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feed back on our property. We appreciate your business. I you are returning to area in the near future please contact me directily.

Sincerly,

Lori Johnson

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My sister's husband travels and stays at Marriott hotels all the time. He is a Platinum Elite Member. He redeemed points so that my sister and I could stay at this Springhill Suites this weekend as we were in the area attending a funeral. I am shocked that this hotel bears the Marriott name. I believe the Days Inn next store must be a cleaner property - their parking lot was packed and the Springhill's parking lot was nearly empty. Aside from the fact that the room was not functional, it was filfthy. I would not sit on the sofa which was horribly stained. There was wallpaper coming off the wall in the bathroom. I was concerned so I pulled apart the bed to ensure there were no bugs. Thankfully I found no bugs, but I did find potato chips in the bed. The halls and lobby are dark and dingy. Had the room not have been free because of the points redeemed, I would have demanded that we be given back our money and I would have stayed somewhere else. My sister was concerned that the points would not be refunded to my brother-in-law so we regrettably stayed. I'm sure if Marriott did a suprise inspection on this property they would no longer be affiliated with the Marriott name. I almost forgot to mention that when we were ready to check out at 5:30am - there was no staff to be found anywhere. Perhaps they were sleeping in the back room...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank msljsl
Lori J, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the problems during your stay. I wish we would have known about them while your were here. We have refunded all of the points for your stay back to the rewards account. If you are ever back in the area and would consider giving us another chance, please call me personally.
Lori

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed at a number of Springhill suites hotels and they are genrally pretty clean. This was no exception. If you can't take traffic noise stay away though as it is right by the highway and you hear it.

Breakfast was on par with what you would expect at a hotel. Eggs were better than most though. Not powdery or runny.

Pillows and beds are comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, your business and feedback are important to us. If you are visiting the area again, please feel free to contact me directly to take care of your reservation. Lori

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am currently staying at this hotel in Forest Park and will be staying a total of 6 weeks. My experience during my stay has been incredibly wonderful and welcoming for someone from out of town. I wanted to write this review to thank the great people here in making my stay fantastic.The following are a few of the employees and personell that have been part of my visit.
Matthew, Chrissy, Marie, and Christy. Also the wonderful woman Vernie who daily prepares and sets up the breakfast service area. She goes out of her way to insure not only that the sanitation and prep is complete and kept tidy, but her hospitality to the individual guests is friendly and sincere. This frienliness and efficiency applies to all the above mentioned persons.
Thank you all for making my continuing stay wonderful.
Respectfully with best regards,
Craig Peck
Adrian, Michigan

Room Tip: I am sure you will find this hotel as nice as I have!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville
Cincinnati Marriott North
Cincinnati Marriott North
#4 of 16 in West Chester

Been to SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park? Share your experiences!