SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park
  • Free Internet
$118
$110
Travelocity
All reviewsbrown sugarwalk in closetrecommend this hotelroom was cleanworn downsliding dooroatmealmarriott standardssitting areavery pleasant stayhotel is greatoff the highwayrestaurants within walking distancethe sofa bedparking lotfitness centercontinental breakfast
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was my first stay in this property. I am in Cincinnati for business periodically & am trying to find a clean, quiet, safe place to become my "usual" spot. This came close. The other reviews I read on tripadvisor warned about freeway noise. I forgot to make a request to stay on the back side when I checked in & I paid for that mistake. All night long, even with the AC & fan running, the road noise is loud. The room was clean, it appeared to have been recently renovated. In fact, the shower curtain was new - still had fold marks in it, smelled like new vinyl & the little pop out holes were actually on the floor of the bathroom. I had a King room, but the room felt smallish. Since I travel alone, it didn't really matter, but I remember thinking if I was with the husband, it would be crowded. There was an odd pickle like smell in the hallway, but I wasn't in the hall for long & it didn't permeate into the room I was in.

Breakfast was adequate, you know the kind - make your own waffle, some soupy oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon, variety of breads to toast, some fruit, really plenty of choices & if you need a "first breakfast" before a business meeting, it works quite well. And, remember, these SpringHill places also have the little market, which is nice for that sweet tooth at night.

There are places SO much worse to stay in Cincinnati. I can't flat out say that you shouldn't stay here, it really wasn't bad at all. In all honesty. I'm still on a mission to find the spot with the right appeal for me when I'm in town. This was close, but not quite what I'm looking for.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, get a room away from the interstate! Please look through other reviews here & see that the road noise is a constant complaint.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I will start by saying this hotel was clean which is always my first priority however...
There was a "family reunion" going on and when you entered the hotel this "family" had completely taken over the lobby and the breakfast area and it was so incredibly loud and disruptive that I cannot begin to explain. Music blaring, people yelling. We travel a lot with a group in the summer and we frequently will have group dinners in the lobby but we would never consider being so loud and disruptive.You could not hear the girl at the front desk to check in, kids were running EVERYWHERE. There were a LOT of kids, all easily under the age of 10 running the halls and slamming doors most of the night. Between that and the super loud freeway noise being that we were on that side, there was NO sleep to be had. I cannot believe that the people working the desk allowed this complete chaos to be going on and did nothing to try and control it. You couldnt even stand in the lobby with your luggage because not only were they loud, they were rude and no hotel staff intervened. Management was notified of the kids running the halls overnight but yet it continued.
Its unfortunate because it WAS clean but because of the lack of respect for every other hotel guest who wasnt there for the reunion that was exhibited by the staff, I would not return. If you dont have a meeting room to accomodate a group like that then it should not have happened. I give the property a good rating because it was clean, restaurants close and easy access (well not currently with construction but the hotel cant control that) because the overall hotel was nice, breakfast was average but again the area was clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed here while on a family vacation in Colerain. Hotel is clean and the staff friendly. We got a room on the interstate side of the hotel, and the road noise is excessive. We asked to be moved to the other side of the hotel, but were not able to be accommodated. The outdoor pool is on the west side of the hotel and can be chilly until the sun hits it, the highway noise level is also very loud at the pool. While the kiddies could have cared less, it was hard to relax with the noise. Also the room layouts seemed to be smaller than other SpringHill Suites we've stayed at. Wireless Internet is free and signal is excellent. Breakfast is also solid.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Have stayed here several times and always found it a good value experience. The staff are helpful, the rooms spacious and well appointed (the bathroom toiletries a bit on the minimalist side though!) and perfect for a business trip/short stay. I didn't use the leisure facilities but, all in all,the hotel is well placed for the area,easy to find and close to several restaurants.....including one next door that has mega-magaritas to die for!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This location is just off the interstate in a fair location. The hotel is well kept and the fitness center is pretty nice. The wifi works well. I have stayed here numerous times and have been happy with most of my stays. I have stayed on both the front and back sides of this property and would recommend that you get a room on the backside if you are a light sleeper. My last trip was the only bad experience that I have had at this property. Please keep in mind that it is at no fault of the hotel, but at about 12:30am a person on a motorcycle decided that they would come through the property and let loose!!! This brought me completely out of my bed and left me with a major headache for the rest of the day. Despite this issue, I will go back as this was no fault of the hotel.

Stayed: March 2012