“Terrible guest service”

SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Forest Park
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed here for 10 days on a business trip. The room was barely cleaned during my stay, i.e., floor never vacumned, table tops not dusted or wiped down and inconsistent replenishment of linens. The Direct TV service was not functioning on a regular basis. Some days the channels were viewable, some days not. The front desk clerk told me when I asked about it that "it's been acting up for a couple of weeks". That would have been good to know prior to check in. In the middle of my 10 day stay, another guest was assigned my room and walked in while I was in the room. The front desk clerk told me that Housekeeping had shown the room was vacant. When I attempted twice to speak to the GM about all of this, she was "in a meeting" or "at another property". I left my name and number with a request for the GM to contact me about these issues. I'm still waiting for a call from her.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 2, 2011

The hotel is nicely decorated and the Marriott beds are always very good. This hotel is around two years old and looks and feels very modern but the rooms are starting to show a little wear and tear here and there. However,it is on the outskirts of Cincinnati so it is priced well and quite convenient to travelers looking for a quiet room off the freeway. The toilet was backed up in our room so we changed rooms. The second room's bathroom door handle was broken but both rooms were very clean and appealing. I would stay again. The breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Reserved two rooms here for the weekend for my family. Called the hotel the day of my reservation and reserved two adjoining rooms (not always the easiest thing to pull off...) and was provided two adjoining rooms as requested. The accomodations at the hotel are excellent. Everything is modernized, clean, and spacious. My only pet peeve during the whole stay was the lack of door locks on the restrooms. When you have small children who like to run around and explore, you need to have bathroom doors that lock while you're in the shower, etc. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Pros
1) Suites are very clean, spacious and modern.

2) Very close to I273 and I75

3) Free internet

Cons
1) Breakfast is very basic

2) No restaurant or bar

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I would say I would not have chosen this hotel. It was recommended. One female staff did not greet me properly upon arrival. The staff members would complain about other guest while in the presence of other guest. Maintenance is needed in the staircase. Clearly the guestroom bathroom ceiling paint is peeling.
In the area there are many restaurants and shopping areas shut down. I enjoyed the fitness center. Only small area for breakfast. The breakfast was OK. Too bad there are no restaurants on premises nor healthy eateries nearby. No indoor pool.

Room Tip: not sure
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2010

For a Springhill Suites property, the rooms are a little on the small side. The older building has been remodeled and it is clean, comfortable, and convenient to the highway. My only issue was an apparent lack of pest control: both stays I saw large insects on the walls & floor of the hallway. Thankfully did not see any in my room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2010

This hotel is the NEW DESIGN and my wife dislike it! There are no drawers in the rooms,uncomfortable furniture,and an annoying glass door to the bathroom!The only nice thing was the staff

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Northwest Fairfield
Cincinnati Marriott North
Cincinnati Marriott North
#5 of 16 in West Chester

Been to SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park? Share your experiences!