“Shady Grove is AWESOME!”

Shady Grove Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 5 Dessert in Findlay
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Shady Grove is a magical place. They have great food and even greater ice cream at a great price! It's an enjoyable atmosphere and always great service. I go there every time I'm in Findlay during the Summer months.

4  Thank Willie2525

Reviewed May 2, 2009

Shady Grove is a good family restaurant. We always meet our family at Shady Grove when we come back to visit. It is inexpensive and clean. We love to use the picnic area so that we can enjoy family time and fresh air, my nephews enjoy the golf course and we enjoy the shade.

5  Thank shcdav269
Reviewed April 23, 2009

I love Shady Grove restaurant! It is privately owned and tends to employ local high-schoolers during the summer (btw, the tip jars go toward their college tuition). I live nearby and often ride my bike over for an ice cream. They use very high quality ice cream (my sister used to work there and said it's ranked one level above Dairy Queen's ice cream). I recommend the Creamers or the Coolers (soft serve ice cream mixed or side-by-side with the slushie flavor of your choice)--perfect on a hot day! Shady Grove is probably best for their ice cream and their chicken. I love the shredded chicken sandwiches.
Of course the food would be disappointing if you were at a 4 star restaurant, but considering this is a restaurant on a small golf course, it's perfect. Not super expensive and the food is delicious. They also have favorites like cheese sticks, burgers, onioin rings, etc.
The best way to enjoy Shady Grove is to come on a warm afternoon, enjoy a round of mini-golf, and then stop by the restaurant for an ice cream or a sandwich. There are picnic tables outside, too, and you will often see families here on the weekends.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the person who complained in the other review, but Shady Grove will occassionally run short on chicken (because it's popular), especially at the end of the season. Don't worry about it--order something else. It is not the type of place you go to and complain about your meal because you feel it is too small for the price. Most of the people you are eating around are probably frequent guests and live in the surrounding neighborhood, not to mention may be the parents of the girls who work there. My point is, people love Shady Grove and you will, too.

5  Thank Girlgivenwings
Reviewed June 25, 2007

Bad - bad - bad!
Ordered a 3 piece broasted chicken dinner and got TWO small wings and a mini-thigh! For SEVEN bucks!
Service was WORSE -- complained NICELY about it, but several of the teen girls staff SNICKERED about the complaint. The owner-manager, in refunding our entire meal (THEY kept the food - we went away having NOTHING!) was VERY rude as well -
remarking that if they "ran a little short" of the chicken, they commonly put two wings in a three-piece meal! Unbelievable!! She was short-tempered and rude. Will never go back!

1  Thank OHWatch