“Clean room, nice pool and hot tub, good breakfast”

Comfort Suites Findlay
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Findlay
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here last night in a suite with 4 kids just for a relaxing night getaway. We spent most of the time in the pool/hot tub, it was very nice we had the whole area to ourselves. We ventured down the road to a skating rink and dinner, thier were alot of places within 10 miles. The courtesy breakfast in the morning was better than expected waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, bagels, yogurt, juice, milk, etc. The lady running the breakfast was exceptional she kept everything well stocked, clean, and was very friendly to the kids.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank familyfriendly001

Reviewed October 6, 2012

After getting stuck, moving at a crawl, in traffic on the highway for an hour we decided to get off at the next available exit and ended up in findlay, ohio. We drove up to the comfort suites and asked for a standard room and they generously gave us an upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi tub. It was a very comfortable room, comfortable king bed, clean bathroom, and also a decent free breakfast. We enjoyed the jacuzzi tub after the stressful delay in traffic. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snowflake74
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here because all hotels were booked in Bowling Green. So it was an easy commute. But disappointed arriving to after such a long and tiring day to wait for my room. One person running counter. And my room wasnt thoroughly cleaned. My room was not the room I booked and I was under the noisy stairwell. Baseball players running the halls till late hours made for a sleepless night. I complained twice, but was told the she couldnt leave the desk.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Travelingswimmom
Reviewed July 20, 2012

While traveling north on an extended road trip, my wife and I stopped for a night at the Findlay Comfort Inn. We arrived late in the day but found the parking lot all but empty. The desk staff was very nice and got us quickly checked in. Everything was very clean. The room was nice size and comfortable. I’ve noticed on this trip that Comfort Inn properties tend to call your room after check-in to ensure everything is OK. It is a nice idea, but the young lady on the desk must have been running late as she didn’t call until just after 10:00pm. I mentioned it to the desk clerk the next morning. He apologized and said that that was against policy and he would mention it to her. It was not a big problem as we were still awake. This property is at the north end of Findlay, just off of I75 and about a mile outside the restaurant area. This may be why it was not busy. It is quiet and an easy-on, easy-off property. The breakfast bar was well stocked and prepared. Overall, it was an enjoyable stay. I’d recommend it to other fellow travelers.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Semi-Oldtraveler
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The lobby is nice, but the people who work there are incredibly rude. The continental breakfast is a joke. The first morning at 7:30, I was trying to find coffee and they were all out. After searching for someone to help, I noticed both of the women working there were outside smoking. I mentioned something to one of them when I was coming and all she did was look past me and go mmm k. The second morning at 7:40 they were already out of hard boiled eggs and bananas and nobody seemed to care that they weren't be replaced. The bedrooms were groddy, I felt the need to wear shower shoes. When I got up to check out, I found that my bed sheet was turned inside out. I'm hoping it was a mistake the maid made when she was putting on new sheets. My ironing board was also covered in nasty brown spots. UGH, disgusting overall

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brit M
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We went to take a shower and there were hairs and black foot prints in the tub. The bathroom floor was covered in dust and hairs, and the toilet had dried urine on the back and base. I went to the front desk and asked for bathroom cleaner, and she gave it to me. I had to scrub down the entire bathroom then took the rags and cleaner back to the front desk. The attendant admitted how nasty it was and apologized. Then we pulled the pull out couch out ans the fitted sheet had fresh, dried blood on it. I called the front desk and she came up and took off the old and gave us a flat sheet stating they didn't have any more fitted sheets. She also said that there shouldn't of even been a sheet on there and they are supposed to give them to you upon arrival. Then there wasn't any toilet paper so I had to go back down and get more of that. The manager was supposedly out of town for business so I talked to the assistant manager the next day. He gave us a free nights stay and said that even the nicest hotels leave their fitted sheets on and don't check and forget to take off the old ones. Looking at all the other reviews, it looks as if things will never change with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank acrotinger7
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Out of the city center.. Little bit hard to find with the given address. Actually my room was huge.. Including a big size jakuzzi.. The room was cold. I tried to heat but the heater did not work.. The breakfast was better than worse. Some oatmeals, pancakes only.. Next time if I will need to go to Findlay ı would choose another hotel..

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business