“Very good food and service. Great atmosphere”
Review of LaSchola Italian Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
LaSchola Italian Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Very good food and service. Great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Love this place. It's a great place to spend some time with friends and relax and have a great meal. The portions are huge.

Visited March 2014

Bowling Green, Ohio
“Superb!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We had been to LaScola ' s Toledo location and tried this location because we had a Groupon. We sat at the bar where we had very good service. Decided to skip the apps and have full dinners. I had the sauteed pecan- and polenta- encrusted whitefish with steamed winter squash, broccoli, and zucchini, plus a house salad. The whitefish was the best I have ever had, except for the skin, which I think should have been removed during the cooking process, which is very easy to do. The veggies were not overcooked altho a bit too salty for my taste. Very good overall. The salad was crisp and nicely presented. My husband had the full serving of chicken parmesan, which was large enough to serve 4 people, in my opinion. My husband disagreed with my assessment and ate half of it, giving it a very high rating. Plus the leftovers will not go to waste at ur housr. The piece de resistance was the Tira Misu-- OMG! House made and the best we have ever had. It took quite awhile to get our food, and the bartender was apologetic, but we didn't mind because everything was worth the wait. We will definitely return soon.

San Francisco, California
“Nice Waitress, Food Fair”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We wanted so much for the restaurant to be excellent. Unfortunately, this particular location, lot, or building may have to have a Feng Shui renovation and management/owner who puts quality for $$$ vs. quantity. The location was originally a "steak house" then the "Red Pig". The original owners had a great restaurant with beautiful decor and atmosphere, The food was the best on all of Tiffin Aveneue. Unfortunately, locals have branded this location as a pricey restaurant. Pricey is OK if the quality, service and TASTE is there. On this trip new owners are serving "Italian" or what I would call pasta with canned or bottled sauce warmed up and plated. NOT acceptable. You will have a better Italian meal at the Olive Garden down the street! The restaurant is too dark - including black vinyl table cloths. Note to owners: brighten up the atmosphere. Waitress who had just moved from Boston with her daughter who is attending Findlay University was very warm and friendly and did her best. Food quality fell short. Portions were large indeed however, the Taste - Italian or for that matter, any quisine needs to be FRESH!Clientelle will be loyal if food service and quality is excellent. Hope this restaurant makes it!

• Visited October 2013
McComb, Ohio
“Very good food and the service was great”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I don't normally go here to eat as its on the pricey side. Our waiter was great and we good our beverages promptly. The rest of the meal was served at the right pace and the food was tasty with generous portions. We were there on a Friday evening around 6:00 and were surprised at the small amount of customers.

• Visited September 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Large Group, took an hour to put anything to eat on the table”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a group of 12 from out of town and while the food was ok, the service was just so slow. When we finished our meal, before 8 pm, there was not a soul in the restaurant. There wasn't even anyone else there to delay the food prep or delivery. Such a disappointment from previous visits here... I drove past again last Thursday, only 4 cars in the parking lot.

• Visited June 2013