Findlay Inn & Conference Center
$71
$118
$101
Travelocity
All reviewsworked perfectlylions clubnice hotelwould stay here againking suitenice stayclean roomsatriumrefrigeratoraccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2008

We had our district Lions Club Convention at this facility in 2007 and 2008. We found the staff to be accomodating and the facility was well maintained.

Many of the visitors we had attending from other parts of Ohio had good comments and said the rooms were very nice.

I would recommend this for a conference or meeting if your group is 200 or less. The only problem is the main dining area is an atrium and a stairway cuts off the view of others at a dinner, You can also see people going up and down in the glass elevators which can be distracting during a meeting or meal.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 2, 2008

I used my credit card to hold a conference room for the business that I work for. They told me that it would be $110. I told them that the instructor would be paying for it when she comes. When my instructor went to pay for the room they said that they already charged my card! When I got my statement they charged $445 to it!!! When I called they said that it was because we didn’t order food. They never told me that it was going to be more if I didn’t order food. They didn’t tell the instructor that it was going to be more when she said that they didn’t want food. They didn’t give my instructor a receipt most likely because they knew she would have lost her mind knowing what they did!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Rockcityfoodsafety
Reviewed July 4, 2006

I stayed here for a wedding and many of the roomswere reserved for wedding guests. The hotel provided transportation to the wedding facility at 3:40pm. The check-in time is 3:00pm. When I called and asked if I could get an early check-in time (2:30pm), I was treated in an extremely rude way, told I was no more "special" than any other guest (no kidding), and told that I could only get an early check-in if I wanted "to stay in a dirty room." When I tried explaining that there will probably be many people trying to check in at 3:00pm for the wedding (lines and delays to be expected before everyone would want to change clothes in the rooms), I was told there was nothing they could do and again, more rudeness, from both a staff member and the manager. Totally ridiculous. I take pride in behaving respectfully to people working in customer service positions (I've been there!), and have never been treated in this manner. The room seemed to have paper-thin walls, and I was woken many times during the night by other patrons in the hallways. This was a terrible experience!

• Stayed: July 2006