“Nice Clean Room - Good Coupon Rate”
Review of Super 8 Findlay

Super 8 Findlay
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Findlay
new holland
“Nice Clean Room - Good Coupon Rate”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is one of the better Red Roof Inns I've stayed at. There is truck parking if you stay to the left and go around the back of the bank. The coupon rate is very good and it beats the pants off the Motel 6 down the road.

Red F, Manager at Super 8 Findlay, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience with us. We always enjoy taking care of professional drivers. With plenty of truck parking a grocery store just across the way. We're a great hotel to choose for your professional lodging needs. With our complimentary Hot Breakfast to get your day started right.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I wasn't too excited about staying at a Red Roof Inn, but all the other hotels in the area were sold out so I thought I would give it a chance. Big mistake.
The hotel isn't located in a very good section of town. I arrived late (around midnight) and there were several groups of people milling around the outside of the motel. The check-in is conducted while you stand outside and the hotel attendent is inside - there is bullet-proof glass between the two of you. I was a bit concerned and asked about the safety of the area/hotel. The girl behind the glass rolled her eyes and acted like I was over-reacting. Um... hello, you are standing behind bullet proof glass for a reason! It was too late to keep driving so I thought I would give the room a chance. The room smelled of old smoke (even though it was supposedly a smoke-free room), the towels were stained (hopefully it was makeup), the shower was dirty. The only good news was that I didn't find any bugs in the bed. I should have just kept driving...

Red F, Manager at Super 8 Findlay, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I have spoken with the night clerk as well as the rest of the staff in regards to the safety and comfortability of the guest. I can assure that those are our main priorities.

Travelers are raving about these Findlay hotels

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have stayed in this motel for the last 3 weeks going on 4 because of work, not by choice. It's the same thing every time, floors not swept, shower was filthy, sweat stains on pillow cases, pillows worn out, lights not working ( you have to tap the wall with the switch on until it comes on), light above sink not working, smells awful, designed in the 80's, and much more. I think there are only 2 good things I can say about this hole, one that it is close to work and food, and two, I am never late for work because I don't want to be in the room anymore than I have to be. Pick another place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank D7gdozer
Red F, Manager at Super 8 Findlay, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. I will be addressing the lighting issue with my head maintenance man. I am sorry that your stay with us has not been as expected. I can assure you that I am personally taking steps to ensure that this type of issue does not occur in the future.
Lansing
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

The first 'red flag' was the drive-up window, security check-in. Room smelled musty and floor felt a bit damp. We had a very late check-in, so felt we needed to stay through the night, but beware, travelers, we squashed three bugs in the queen sized bed. One looked like an earwig, the others were tiny, like fleas. YUCK. The water pressure was good and the bathroom area was clean, but I will not try another Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank michigandertraveler
Red F, Manager at Super 8 Findlay, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the unpleasant stay you had. We have a private pest control specialist scheduled to treat the entire property for the spring and summer seasons.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a great place to stay. Well situated and near many places to eat. Only 3 blocks from the interstate. It's an easy place to get to.It also has a decent breakfast menu.This is a great value for your money. Findlay is also a great city to visit.

Red F, Manager at Super 8 Findlay, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience with us. We are very pleased to hear that you stay with us was a good one. With new flat screens and HD channels we are rounding the curve to the next generation.
south jersey
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I arrived in Findlay rather tired from driving. My room was ready. It was clean, free WiFi and breakfast. I stayed for 2 days while riding a nearby bicycle trail. I would definitely book another room when I am read to return to the area. The breakfast was adequate and I was able to rise early, eat and hit the pedals. During the evening my fellow guests settled in and I got two restful nights of sleep and relaxation.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting a second story room on the east side if you can handle a flight of steps.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Red F, Manager at Super 8 Findlay, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience with us. We are very pleased to hear that you stay with us was an enjoyable one. We are constantly striving to improve our quality and service. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the rest of the staff.
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Choosing a motel is like swimming at your own risk. I had a previous bad experience with the Red Roof in Findlay, OH back in November 2010 which ultimately was resolved to my satisfaction after the owner admitted fault on the matter. I had reserved a room for 2 nights at that time and had to cancel which I did through their website using the confirmation number that was sent to my inbox. A confirmation of the cancellation was sent to my email but I still got charged for a 1 night stay but the management had the nerve to accuse me of not making a cancellation. How did they plan on sticking with that story when I had an email sent to me directly from Red Roof? Like I said that matter was resolved a long time ago and just recently I decided to give them another chance and let me tell you this was an even bigger mistake. I made several attempts on May 23rd to reserve a room for 2 nights at the same Red Roof and after entering all my personal and billing info I kept getting sent back to the same page thinking maybe I entered something incorrectly. But after having to do this 3 different times I eventually gave up and assumed their was an issue with the website. After all this I never received any confirmation that a reservation was actually made. However, Red Roof took it upon themselves to charge me for a 1 night stay not once, not twice but 3 times. I called the motel directly and spoke to whoever was working the desk at that time but he was no help at all and had the nerve to tell me I should have called to cancel. Why would I do that when it was never confirmed I made a reservation. You have to have a confirmation number to cancel things like this. Then he told me I needed to call the owner. I am absolutely finished doing any business whatsoever with Red Roof. This is not the way you treat a customer and expect them to come back. I do plan on filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau regarding this matter because they public needs to be aware of issues of this nature. In the future, I will pay $100 or more at a Drury Inn or Hampton Inn where I know I will be treated like a guest.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Red F, Manager at Super 8 Findlay, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I am sorry to hear about the reservation problem you are having when booking online. Please feel free to call us directly or thru 1-800-Red-Roof.