“Okay, but nothing special”

Drury Inn & Suites Findlay
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Findlay
Vernon, Connecticut
“Okay, but nothing special”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. The 5:30p appetizers were okay but nothing to talk about, the same regarding breakfast. Using Styrofoam plates made us feel like we were in a "no frills" hotel. We will choose a less expensive place on the next trip through this area.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I really like the Drury chain but this is the second time we've stayed at a Drury and had a bad bed. This time we shared a suite with another couple. Rooms was great. Lots of space for 4 and nicely furnished. Unfortunately none of us slept well. Our bed was lumpy and the other couple said theirs sloped to the middle. The general manager was circulating in the breakfast room and we mentioned the issue to her. She was very apologetic and promised to have the beds checked that day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Findlay, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you again for letting us know about the quality of your mattress during your recent stay. I am still sorry to hear that you didn't achieve a good night sleep while you were staying with us, because of the care you took in bringing it to our attention we are able to work on fixing the problem for future guests. I enjoyed talking with you during breakfast and I hope that you had a safe trip the rest of the way home. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Hospitably,
Elizabeth Beining
Tucson
Reviewed June 9, 2013

staff was very friendly,I was there 7 nights.Food was good ,nice happy hour especially after traveling.Rooms clean and comfortable.Amenities were were good.Hotel room is just that but friendly staff and clean room is how u get reoeat business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We travelled there for one night with a group of divers from Windsor, Ontario /June 1/.
The group was able to negotiate an excellent rate with this Drury Inn.
I stayed at Drury Inn before and I knew what to expect. This stay exceeded my expectations...
Pleasant landscaping, plenty of parking, very nice lobby and food area - and plenty of tables there... The Inn was busy over this weekend - with various sports groups "in the house", but it never felt overcrowded... Food was plentiful with a variety for different diets... And adults got three alcoholic drinks per person per night...
The group rate that we got thru our scuba center was awesome! And on top of that I got my Gold Key discount... Very inexpensive and comfortable stay. Clean bathroom, pleasantly appointed room, wi-fi...
Special recognition goes to Elizabeth, the General Manager who was mingling with the guests in the morning making sure everything was up to par... She was not above helping with cleaning the tables and pitching in with the kitchen staff, who, by the way, was very efficient and literally "running" to refill food stations and satisfy guests requests...
I don't know, maybe I'm "overdoing" this... but I consider myself an "easy traveller", so I was really happy with my stay there... so next time... - same hotel... no need to look further...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was traveling through for business and ended up staying here as a pit stop to another city. My room was clean, staff was friendly, and breakfast/dinner was awesome! If I'm in the area again, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We seem to be stopping here quite often.
It's a great stay on the way home from Florida, when you've driven enough and know what you'll get.
Hot food happy hour (like other Drurys), great breakfast and a clean room.
Microwave and fridge in every room. Walmart across road.

Room Tip: ask for noon check out that morning for time to get into another swim. I send the children while I...