“You'll wonder why we suggested it”
Review of Oler's Bar & Grill

Oler's Bar & Grill
Ranked #28 of 158 Restaurants in Findlay
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Findlay, Ohio
“You'll wonder why we suggested it”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

When you drive up in front of the facility across the street from Cooper tires manufacturing facility you're going to wonder why we suggested you go here. The moment you taste one of their margaritas however you will understand. The food is generally good with of course Mexican band though they do have a gringo side to the menu as well. The steak fajitas are the very best on the menu----- but there sure are lots of other good things to choose from as well. Try deep fried pickle or deep-fried ice cream they're both good. Services is fun and the atmospheres absolutely great!

Visited November 2012

Moreno Valley, California
“Bland so-called Mexican food... it lacks gusto, amigos”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

In deference to local relatives who recommended this place for Mexican food in Findlay, I went along with the gag for their sakes. However, amigos, even if Oler's is locally famous, I must truthfully say that more genuine Mexican, Tex-Mex and Sonoran food in our US Southwest has spoiled me and I must report that I was disappointed by the menu and food at this restaurant.

First off, Oler's façade resembles a dusty, beat-up uninviting old roadhouse. Actually it opened in 1981 along ancient US Hwy 25, the old Dixie Hwy of the decades prior to the coming of I-75. Strangely, no Mexican decor dresses up the outside. The Cooper Tire plant entrance is directly across the street, ensuring a stream of blue collar clientele. The inside is quite clean, however and the usual sombreros and cacti adorn the colorfully painted walls.

There is an extensive menu and our group of six tried many different dishes. Unfortunately the usual chips and salsa gave a hint of the tastelessness to come. The salsa, for example, lacked body and seemed more like peppery catsup than the real thing. My fajita chicken tostada lacked any kind of 'sizzle' regarding ingredients, its cheese or other condiments. Where was the real, fresh guacamole or the little oven of hot tortillas? Although my relatives lauded their bland enchiladas, my sampling of them said "No gusto here". I wish I had ordered from Oler's "Gringo's Corner" portion of the menu and had barbeque or the battered perch dinner, instead.

Although the atmosphere and service was cordial and efficient, I could just barely finish the meal but I washed it all down with a Corona beer (kudos for having that, Oler's) from the bottle.

Bottom line: Wait out your craving for Mexican food until you get back to New Mexico or make it yourself at home from store-bought ingredients. Next time in Findlay, if time allows I will ask around to find a place offering more genuine Mexican fare. Sorry, but I do not recommend Oler's.

• Visited November 2012
ohio
“Always good!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Really good taquitos and salsa. Like to order their chips to take home with me.

Visited April 2012
Ohio
“two blocks from my house.”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Needless to say, we have been here many times. They keep tweaking the menu, and some items are unique to Oler's. The onion rings are a MUST! Their prices are very low, free chips are excellent, and we buy them by the bag when they are available in the adjacent drive through.

Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden gem for Mexican food”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Most folks wouldn't enter Oler's based on it's shabby exterior, but it was recommended to me, so I apprehensively opened the beat up door. Then, to my surprise I found the interior decor and atmosphere to be fine and the food plentiful, tasty, and reasonably priced. If you happen to be a pilot, stop at the nearby Findlay Airport and take the courtesy car to Oler's. It beats any $100 hamburger.

Visited April 2012