“have a margarita and it's all good”
Review of Oler's Bar & Grill

Oler's Bar & Grill
Ranked #33 of 163 Restaurants in Findlay
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed December 23, 2011

well, everybody goes here for the killer margaritas...but food is pretty good too....not exotic mexican...basic...but usually see people you know, and after the margarita, you'll know more.

1  Thank jillty

Reviewed December 22, 2011

A rustic look but food and prices to die for. The strawberry frozen margaritas are a great start and chips and salsa are a great warm up. If you like spice ask for some cups of the hot salsa. The whole tostada has been my favorite item but everything is great and if you want something specific ask and they will get it. If you are in Findlay don't drive past this "dilapidated" Restraunt and stop by for a great meal.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Oler's is a Findlay tradition: it looks pretty shabby on the outside, but inside there's real good food to go with the "shabby chic" decor. Some of the wall art is whack (framed art of all the signs of the zodiac - really), but it just feels homey inside.
Decor aside, the real attraction is the food. Call it Americanized Mexican or whatever, this is IMO the best Mexican food in Findlay. The chicken chimichanga is awesome (and HUGE!) I have a hard time ordering anything else because I haven't ever had one better. If you're not in the mood for Mexican food the menu is pretty broad and offers the standard fare - burgers, etc. The waitresses have always been very nice to us and our kids.

3  Thank thegoodguyz
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My husband and I have tried Oler's a few times. We really want to like this place;

I believe it's locally owned and we usually like to support that, but the food is just not worth your time. I stay away from any "Mexican" restaurant (even "Americanized" as they like to call it) that puts actual nacho cheese product on most of their Mexican dishes.

The only dish I ever recall liking was NOT Mexican: it was some walleye fish dinner special they had quite awhile back. The bright spot is the margaritas...they are small, strong, and knock your off of your seat. Maybe I would go for drinks and nachos (you know, the actual dish where nacho cheese is supposed to appear) but not for anything else. If you would like to go out for real "Americanized" (or maybe even authentic???) Mexican, I would hit up any other place in Findlay (La Charrita, Rancho Grande, Mi Tequila) before this place.

Reviewed April 13, 2010

After reading the other reviews I figured it must be pretty good. Maybe it is for Findlay, but it seemed just average to me.

I had the beef and bean enchalada dinner with rice and beans. The enchalada stuffing had good flavor, but the enchaladas were smothered in too much yellow-american cheese. The rice was bland, but the beans were flavorful. Probably all should have been served at a bit warmer temperature. I had two salsas, regular and hot, both of which were good. Overall I found it similar to of the other national chain type Mexican restaurants, none of which are too good in my book.

They had a nice selection of beer, a full bar, and I will say the service was friendly and prompt, which helped their overall raiting. As the other reviews said, not much in the way of atmosphere, but that doesn't bother me. It is about the food and service.

So in summary, just average says it all.