“Noisy!”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Findlay
Chicago
“Noisy!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Hamptons are our hotel of choice but not this one! It is located extremely close to the rt. 75 interstate and if you have a room on that side of the hotel, it is impossible to sleep. We felt that we were in the middle of a Nascar race.
I must say that the hotel staff moved us after the first night. (They said that it was full that night.). When I was charged incorrectly for the last, fourth, night, i mentioned that I was going to call corporate because I didn't feel that we should be charged for the first night, the receptionist immediately took off the evening's charges.
The rooms are smaller than any Hampton which we have used before but the amenities were fine and breakfast was OK.
I feel empathy for the hotel's desk employees because it is obvious that they have to deal with some very unhappy travelers!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Melaney R
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Findlay, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Melaney R,
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear that you were unable to get a good night sleep due to road noise. I am glad that we were able to get you to a quieter room the second night. Please also accept my apology about the error on your bill. I have discussed your comments with my front desk staff and have taken steps to make sure this doesn't happen to future guests. We hope you give us a chance to make things right and try the Hampton Inn Findlay again next time you find yourself in the area.

Tricia B.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2013

While the comfort of the room, breakfast, amenities etc were as expected from a Hampton, we were quite disappointed with the non-smoking room. Whether it had previously been a smoking room or the fact the smoking rooms were at the other end of the hall, the smell of cigarette smoke was quite prominent. Walking into the room after being outside was like a trip back in time. If this is an issue you are sensitive to, there may be better options.

Room Tip: While highway did not bother us, ask for a room on opposite side if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Terry W,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Hampton Inn Findlay. I'm glad to see that the room, breakfast and amenities of our hotel were what you have come to expect from Hampton. I am sorry to read that your room smelled like smoke. Our facility is 100% smoke free but unfortunately that does not stop everyone from smoking in their rooms. We are always more than happy to switch you to another room that would better suit your needs. Please keep this in mind if you are ever back in the area, we'd love to see you again.

Tricia B.
Chesterton, Indiana
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Hotel is clean and staff is great but the hotel is way to close to interstate75. Sleeping is a challenge but of the road noise. I will not stay at the hotel on any return trips I have to Findlay.
Findlay is great town with good local dinning and probably the best ice-cream place in the country.

Room Tip: This hotel is way to close to i75. It was hard to sleep. Good staff and clean hotel but they must d...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Findlay, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Mike,
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apology for the problems you had with the highway noise. We are always more than happy to accommodate guests who request to be away from the highway. I do hope that the next time you are in Findlay you will give us another chance to give you a memorable stay.

Tricia B
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have stayed here many times over the years.......no more. For the price and for rooms on the interstate side (usually I get a room on the opposite side of the hotel). Last 2 trips my rooms have been on the interstate side. The rooms rates are some of the highest I have seen for Hampton Inn (even in large cities).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
FindlayHamptonHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Findlay, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review for our property on your recent stay with us! Guest feedback, both positive and negative, are taken seriously at our location. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with the highway noise. We indeed have tried many things to reduce the noise and are still looking for ways to continue to do so. I apologize that this was still an issue with your stay. In the future please feel free to request a room off the highway as we do try our best to honor those requests. As always we do offer the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee! We look forward to your visit with us in the future!
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were very pleased with out guest room, the hotel staff and the amenities. We will definitely be returning to this hotel when we visit Findly again in the future. The bedding and linens were very good, including very comfortable pillows. The pool was open late so we were able to use it at night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Ted G
Allen Park, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very clean and helpful staff, good breakfast and great location for all the tournament fields, lots of places to eat and Walmart right across the street. Everything was easy to get to right off of I-75, when we asked for directions the front desk was very helpful

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Karen B
Columbus, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stay at the Findlay Hampton Inn on a relatively regular basis, and I am always amazed by how friendly, welcoming, accommodating and courteous the staff I was are! I highly recommend this hotel! The rooms are phenomenal. The facility is always clean and inviting.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo