“Hotel Stay for Baseball Tournament in Findlay, Ohio”

Hampton Inn Findlay
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Findlay
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very clean and helpful staff, good breakfast and great location for all the tournament fields, lots of places to eat and Walmart right across the street. Everything was easy to get to right off of I-75, when we asked for directions the front desk was very helpful

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen B
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Findlay

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stay at the Findlay Hampton Inn on a relatively regular basis, and I am always amazed by how friendly, welcoming, accommodating and courteous the staff I was are! I highly recommend this hotel! The rooms are phenomenal. The facility is always clean and inviting.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Stephanie W
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed one night with wife and son. Booked a comfortable 2 queen room. Huge selection of TV channels and the A/C was perfectly configurable: set it to cold and keep the fan running! We were tired and slept soundly. The bath was well stocked with towels. Really no complaints about the room at all. Then we went to breakfast.
We ate a late breakfast by our standards ( around 9 am). The breakfast areas if this hotel is really crowded, and it does not help that there is a huge family style dining table in the middle of it. It really made moving along the breakfast bar a challenge. Then there was a question of stocking the breakfast bar. Only 2 cups of yogurt remained available, the fruit bowl was empty, low on pancake batter, the breads and muffins were not restocked, and the oatmeal seemed to have set out a little too long. Compared to most Hampton Inns they did not pay attention to the breakfast area. Was it a huge problem? No, but it is not what I expect from Hampton.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
FindlayHamptonHI_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Findlay, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at our property in June and your kind words regarding your room and our TV channel selections. We truly value our guests comments, both positive and negative as they show us what we're doing right and where we need to improve.

I want to sincerely apologize to you for the service provided to you on our breakfast bar. I would like to further discuss with you this so I can figure out what happened as this is not normal of our property and not up to my standards of our breakfast selection. If you would like to further discuss this, please feel free to call me at 419-422-5252.

Thank you again for letting us know about your stay. It's our guests feedback that helps us improve our location.

Deborah Mericle
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel itself was fine - what you would expect from any other Hampton. Rooms on highway side are VERY noisy and property ackowledges that by supplying earplugs in the room. Hotel staff agreed that the rooms on that side were very noisy but did nothing to accomodate or make right.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent stay at our property. We value our guests comments as they tell us what we're doing right and where we need to improve.

Please accept my sincere apology concerning the noise from the highway. Unfortunately this is an ongoing battle we face and despite the many changes we have made throughout the years, the highway is still a noise factor with our location. If you choose to stay at our property again, you can book a King Standard room as these are all located away from the highway or request a room away from the highway. We do attempt to honor all requests we possibly can.

If you have any further comments or questions regarding your stay with us, I can be reached at 419-422-5252.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Deborah Mericle
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room was very nice. The tub drained very slowly. When we checked out, the girl asked about my stay. When I mentioned the tub, she immediately refunded my stay, with the 100% satisfaction guarantee. I did not expect that from a hotel! I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Despite the clean room, friendly staff, and extensive complementary breakfast, I could not recommend that anyone stay here if they actually want to sleep. We might as well have camped out on the shoulder of I-75 - there was no way to avoid the constant road noise reverberating right into the bed frames. Of course, we ended up in Findlay because the phone receptionist booked our reservation in the WRONG CITY...

Room Tip: If you must stay here, maybe the rooms on the opposite side from the Interstate are quieter?
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
TriciaB9, General Manager at Hampton Inn Findlay, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on your recent stay with us! Guest feedback, both positive and negative, are taken seriously at our location. Thank you for the kind words concerning our staff! We always love to hear about our employees! I'm so pleased to also hear about the clean room and extensive breakfast that you enjoyed during your stay. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with the highway noise. We indeed have tried many things to reduce the noise and are still looking for ways to continue to do so. I apologize that this was still an issue with your stay. In the future please feel free to request a room off the highway as we do try our best to honor those requests. As always we do offer the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee! We look forward to your visit with us in the future!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had no problems at this hotel a typical Hampton Inn stay. Always satisfied. Hampton is one of my choice places to stay if I need a quality room in a hurry. I have always been able to count on this chain. Unlike other folks I did not notice the noise. from the interstate. It is very close to a variety of places to eat.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple